🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How to tackle a potential bad feedback
Page options
marv23
Community Member

How to tackle a potential bad feedback

So I recently earned my Top Rated badge last month in March.  The following week, one of my repeat client goes ahead falsely accuses me of using a content spinner (keeping in mind that this person has always left me a 5-star review and feedback). At this point, I don't want their negative feedback to affect my score so I promised to give them a discount on the next order which the client happily took. Please note that I am always ready to make changes. This time around, the client goes ahead and says that I wrote "bad content" and that they had to make "manual changes" to make it better. Anyway, this time instead of apologizing, I ask her up front to share the document with me with the changes she has made and as expected, she says "I don't have anything to prove to you." Now the problem is that I've already used my TR privilege quite recently to prevent a contract from affecting my score. Can you please tell me what the best course of action would be in this case? The client is being unreasonable and I'm not interested in working with them again. But I do want to minimize the aftermath as much as possible. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tlbp
Community Member

You should have closed the contract as soon as you were paid for the content you agreed to discount. You basically paid the client for criticizing which established to them that you were vulnerable and willing to give away work to protect your feedback. Now they have you trapped. Close the contract, take the bad feedback and save your next perk for a truly dire situation. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ilyas2010
Community Member

1- Cooperate with your client in finalizing your project as much as you can. 

2- If client ends the contract, try to be honest in your feedback.

3- If clients gives bad feedback, opt your option to remove / hide feedback being top rated freelancer.

4- If you can't opt this feature, try to end other idle contracts so that this feedback goes down.

5- Otherwise at last, if this feedback is damaging your profile in securing other new jobs, refund all payments due to this client so that feedback can be removed automatically.

tlbp
Community Member

You should have closed the contract as soon as you were paid for the content you agreed to discount. You basically paid the client for criticizing which established to them that you were vulnerable and willing to give away work to protect your feedback. Now they have you trapped. Close the contract, take the bad feedback and save your next perk for a truly dire situation. 

marv23
Community Member

Yes, I understand that I practically brought this on myself. I offered a discount on the next order which is the one she's stalling me for right now. Anyway, I have a 96% JSS right now, assuming she gives me the worst possible feedback, do you think I'll end up losing my badge? 

Marvi M wrote:

Yes, I understand that I practically brought this on myself. I offered a discount on the next order which is the one she's stalling me for right now. Anyway, I have a 96% JSS right now, assuming she gives me the worst possible feedback, do you think I'll end up losing my badge? 

Probably not, you will likely still be over 90% as you have 20 jobs, so a single one does not have a huge impact. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths