🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How to tell a client the difference betwe...
Page options
roshal_yulia
Community Member

How to tell a client the difference between offer and contract

Hello.

I completed my work for a client . My client sent me the offer , but didn’t sent tge contract . When I tried to explain the difference , she did not understand . Probably , my client is new to Upwork like me. How to help my client to send me a contract when she has sent the offer?
3 REPLIES 3
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Yulia R wrote:
Hello.

I completed my work for a client . My client sent me the offer , but didn’t sent tge contract . When I tried to explain the difference , she did not understand . Probably , my client is new to Upwork like me. How to help my client to send me a contract when she has sent the offer?

Yulia, you really need to get up to speed how this works before you proceed any further and confuse your poor client even more. 

There are no contracts! You accept the offer, which constitutes a contract between you and the client.

Accept the offer before your client changes her mind, but  not before you have what you need to start working. Oh, you said you completed work already.

I give up. 

Thank you for your reply ! My question was not clear .

I have confused offer and proposal . My client sent a PROPOSAL , but she
has not sent me an offer . How to ask her to do it ?

Yulia R wrote:
I have confused offer and proposal . My client sent a PROPOSAL , but she
has not sent me an offer . How to ask her to do it ?

Clients do not send proposals either. Freelancers send proposals, and clients then hire them, by accepting the proposal.

Failing that, your client can simply navigate to your profile and hit the HIRE button

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths