Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to tell when my proposal been read

Highlighted
Tammy A Member Since: Jul 23, 2019
1 of 9

Hello everyone, 

Is there a way to tell if and when my proposal has been read? Searching the boards here and I can't seem to find anything. Thanks! 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
2 of 9
No, there is no way to tell. If the client wants to contact you or hire you, they'll let you know.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Sergio S Member Since: Dec 19, 2017
3 of 9

No way to know.

I suggest for your own peace of mind that once you send a proposal you forget about it and move on. Don't keep chewing on.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Abinadab A Member Since: Sep 26, 2016
BEST ANSWER
4 of 9

Tammy A wrote:

Hello everyone, 

Is there a way to tell if and when my proposal has been read? Searching the boards here and I can't seem to find anything. Thanks! 

You can't tell if a client read a particular proposal of yours. But you can tell how well you get clients in general to read your proposals in comparison with other freelancers. You can find this on your My Stat's page.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Tammy A Member Since: Jul 23, 2019
5 of 9

Thank you.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
6 of 9

Abinadab A wrote:

You can't tell if a client read a particular proposal of yours. But you can tell how well you get clients in general to read your proposals in comparison with other freelancers. You can find this on your My Stat's page.

There is no stat that tells how often your proposals are read in comparison to other freelancers. The marketing effectiveness stats are how often your profile was viewed (from any source), how often you were interviewed, and how often you were hired compared with other freelancers.

Community Guru
Abinadab A Member Since: Sep 26, 2016
7 of 9

Tiffany S wrote:

There is no stat that tells how often your proposals are read in comparison to other freelancers.

There is.

Stat.png

When a freelancer submits a proposal to a job posting, their profile gets forwarded along with their cover letter to the client. The above stat shows how often the FL gets seen for projects they applied to, in comparison with other FLs in their niche.

Stat2.png

This second stat, albeit being bug-ridden of recent, shows how many times the freelancer got discovered in search. This stat never included the first. The first one never rose and fell like the second. The first never included the second. They are two different stats.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
8 of 9

Abinadab A wrote:

There is.

When a freelancer submits a proposal to a job posting, their profile gets forwarded along with their cover letter to the client. The above stat shows how often the FL gets seen for projects they applied to, in comparison with other FLs in their niche.

Stat2.png

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

That graph absolutely excludes ANY views that result from proposals you made. It ONLY includes results from searches.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
9 of 9

Hi Tammy and others,

There isn't a feature or metric that shows the freelancer if their proposal was seen or read by the client. I would also like to confirm that "views" stats on My Stats page are based on how often the freelancer's profile is discovered in search.

Please, note that some posts have been edited or removed from this thread for Community Guidelines.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS