🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to track 'Hourly Job for Sketching'
Page options
gurjeetkalsi
Community Member

How to track 'Hourly Job for Sketching'

Hello Community,

somtimes we have to sketch the idea and need approval before we make the design in the greaphic software for fine tuning.

I know the use of upwork desktop app, but if I am doing sketching on my ipad, how would it record the timing and how would screen shots to be added in my work diary on hourly job.

Kindly Guide
Gurjeet

13 REPLIES 13
petra_r
Community Member

gurjeet k wrote:

I know the use of upwork desktop app, but if I am doing sketching on my ipad, how would it record the timing and how would screen shots to be added in my work diary on hourly job.

Short answer: It doesn't. 

Longer answer: you may be able to try and use some type of remote desktop workaround, but it's cumbersome. Essentially, what you do on an iPad is not easily tracked on your tracker. You could use manual time, but be aware it is not protected.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Manual time.

Or fixed-price contacts.

Or desktop computer with a drawing tablet attached.

Thanks for the reply,

but if client has made a contract  for 'no manual time', then the only options left is to speak to client and decide mutualy I guess.

gurjeet k wrote:

but if client has made a contract  for 'no manual time',

... then you need to find a way to sketch on your computer. Get a wacom or something like that.

Petra R wrote:

... then you need to find a way to sketch on your computer. Get a wacom or something like that.

The combination of iPad, Mac, and Apple Pencil should allow for this, provided the Mac and iPad are recent enough to support the Sidecar feature. Older hardware may be supported by third-party apps/cables.

hmm...surely will try this solution.. or will have to find something other.

Thanks

If I record(video) my iPad screen and share in the attachment with the client, I guess that will justify the part of job.

Dont know upwork has some protocal to back this or not.

gurjeet k wrote:

If I record(video) my iPad screen and share in the attachment with the client, I guess that will justify the part of job.

Dont know upwork has some protocal to back this or not.

If you are recording on the iPad and not able to send your brush activity and mirror your screen in real time to a computer running Tracker, then you are back to submitting manual time, or using fixed price. You may want to use such a recording as backup to justify manual time to a client, but Upwork would consider that to be between you and the client, and completely unrelated to its payment guarantee.

hmm... 2 years back I started drawing on iPad, since it feels real when we sketch on real screen rather than wacom.. also wacom was outdated and using unneccesary space on my desk...so I got rid of it.

Apart from that, I can take iPad anywhere and sketch... which wacom does not allow me to do so.

I think the past is calling me 😉

gurjeetkalsi
Community Member

Thanks to Preston, Petra & Douglas for the guidance.

Hi there! Did u find a solution? I'm having the same issue 🥲

f37d2fc1
Community Member

Yes I am pencil sketch job

You are not going to find jobs, but you will be scammed with your current profile. Read this post and follow every link. Learn how to use the platform and follow the rules before you lose everything.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members