🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How to unban account if access to account...
Page options
glaphyra
Community Member

How to unban account if access to account is blocked

Hello everyone

The problem is my husband had an account on Upwork which was banned. Once he was asked to prove his personality, he did everything he was asked for, but his account was blocked due to unknown reason. He even wasn't informed what seemed to be suspiciously for Upwork system.

Upwork rules say he can't creat new account, only try to unban previous one.

The question is how?? - if he hasn't access to that account due to blocking.

Could you advice what to do?

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hlafira,

Unfortunately, we won't be able to address another user's account status or provide details here in the Community. Please refer your husband to the notification the team sent to them about the suspension.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
glaphyra
Community Member

Ok, and how is it possible? He can't verify his identity cause link to do it doesn't work. Maybe because of ban. Also he isn't able to contact support team. He tried to write question here but system doesn't allow to do it because he isn't able to choose category

glaphyra
Community Member

Would you reply and help to solve our problem?

petra_r
Community Member

Hlafira T wrote:

Would you reply and help to solve our problem?

Usually, and in most cases, a ban means that the freelancer is permanently removed from the platform.

If your husband has been permanently suspended, chances are it's the end of the road for him and he should look at other platforms.

You also want to be very careful yourself, as being associated with suspended profiles can affect your own profile and account...

glaphyra
Community Member

Yes, his account was blocked permanently. But he didn’t do anything prohibited and made all verifications he was asked for. And I can’t understand how Upwork can ban somebody for nothing. That’s so unfair!:(
Thank you for your reply.
petra_r
Community Member

Hlafira T wrote:
 I can’t understand how Upwork can ban somebody for nothing. 

It's their platform.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths