🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How to understand what the client paid fo...
Page options
vadim-che
Community Member

How to understand what the client paid for my work. IT's Hourly work

i just see in tab "In review" 80$ but i don't understand that client paid for my work or not. He said that he paid. I thought that if he pay i will see money in tab Pending.

6 REPLIES 6
ahmed-abdulhamid
Community Member

If this is a fixed-price project, the money under the "Review" tab means that the client has funded that amount (as a milestone) and that you requested it to be released but the client has not yet released it. They have up to 15 days to review the work and release the milestone. If they don't release (or dispute) for 15 days, the money gets released to you automatically. Once it's released (by the client or after 15 days), you should see it under the "Pending" tab.

If, on the other hand, it's an hourly project, the amount under the "Review" tab is the amount you earned for the hours you worked last week. The client has 5 days to review and then it moves to the "Pending" tab.

If you hover with the mouse cursor over the question mark of the tab, it explains everything:

This represents hours logged last week that are now under review by your clients. Clients have 5 days to review your work diary.

This also includes any fixed-price milestones you've submitted for review. Clients have 14 days to accept (or ask for changes on) submitted milestones.
michael_skaggs
Community Member

Vadim C wrote:

i just see in tab "In review" 80$ but i don't understand that client paid for my work or not. He said that he paid. I thought that if he pay i will see money in tab Pending.

You should read over the information here:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063698-Weekly-Billing-Cycle

I understand that but how to understand that client paid for my work. i just see that he has "review period". He told me that he paid. But if he paid his payment should be in tab pending. Am i right or not?  

**Edited for community guidelines**

I see this one

Week 1 – Freelancer logs time using the Upwork desktop app and Work Diary.
Week 2 – Hours within the weekly limit invoice to your clients on Monday. They have until Friday to review the work. Then the review period ends.
Week 3 – Earnings become available on the following Wednesday.
BillingCycle.png

But if the client reviewed my work for exapmle today not Friday. Is status of review just still in review?)

Hourly contracts always follow the same schedule, regardless of whether or not the client reviews the work sooner. They're charged at the beginning of the review period, but still have that time to bring up any issues/disputes, or request changes.

Once that's over, the security period begins. Then, after the security period ends, the funds become available.

So yes, your client was already invoiced and charged for the work by the platform, but that doesn't mean the funds are immediately available.

Oh I got it) Thank you so much)

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths