🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to update info in ID verification?
Page options
kozhinanina
Community Member

How to update info in ID verification?

I've recently changed my marital status, thus changed my surname. Now I'm issuing a new ID card and I'd like to change it and get re-verified on Upwork as well. Also, how can I change my user ID, as it no longer correctly represents me?

8 REPLIES 8
AndreaG

Hi Nina,

I checked and it looks like you were able to update your profile name successfully, if there is any need to re-verify your name with ID documents the team will reach out to you directly. Please know, while your profile name can be edited, User IDs cannot be changed. 

~Andrea
Upwork

Thanks for answering. Well, does my user id is seeing by other members in
any way or not?--
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Nina, as per our Privacy Policy usernames are considered non-identifying information. In general, they are hidden, but may appear in some situations. We are currently working on a more permanent solution to hide usernames in the Community as mentioned here.

~Andrea
Upwork
4c0096a1
Community Member

Hi Ma'am Andrea, I am experiencing the same problem with the updates of info in my ID verification and this enables me to withdraw from my account. Please help me so I can continue my job in upwork. Thank you very much.

4c0096a1
Community Member

Hi Ma'am Nina, I am currently experiencing the same problem regarding updates of info in ID verification, and because of this, I am not able to withdraw from my account. I'm just wondering if you are able to find a solution to this already? Thank you very much Ma'am.

Hi Rose,

I checked and it looks like you already have your ID Verification badge on your profile! If there is any need to re-verify your name with ID documents the team will reach out to you directly.

~Andrea
Upwork
4c0096a1
Community Member

Hi Ma'am Andrea, the surname on my ID was my single name, but the name in my profile and in my bank account is my married name. How can I change my ID to re-verify it, I think this is the reason why I am not able to withdraw. Thank you Ma'am.

Hi Rose Marie,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members