🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to use memo correctly?
Page options
tomliuwhite
Community Member

How to use memo correctly?

I started to learn how to use memo for hourly contract since I did not get paid from one hourly contract(the client was suspended and I did not use memo). Here are some questions:

1, I started to add memo after I finished the projcet. Is there any rule on how to write a meaningful memo? My concern is: if my memo does not meet the requirement, I will not get paid(when my client got suspended).
2, How to use it while I am using the time tracker app? I did not notice it while I was working it. 
Thanks. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

JIAN L wrote:

1, I started to add memo after I finished the projcet. Is there any rule on how to write a meaningful memo? My concern is: if my memo does not meet the requirement, I will not get paid(when my client got suspended).
2, How to use it while I am using the time tracker app? I did not notice it while I was working it. 
Thanks. 

1. Why don't you add the memo when you start the tracker and change it when you change what you are working on? You're a translator, so just add "translating (type of document) (name of document) from (source language) to (target languages)" That's plenty

2. You can set a reminder in the tracker-settings, and the tracker has a window for the memo.

Reminder.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

JIAN L wrote:

Thanks. 

1. Why don't you add the memo when you start the tracker and change it when you change what you are working on? You're a translator, so just add "translating (type of document) (name of document) from (source language) to (target languages)" That's plenty

2. You can set a reminder in the tracker-settings, and the tracker has a window for the memo.

Reminder.png

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members