🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to use tracking in documents?
Page options
sydneyjowie
Community Member

How to use tracking in documents?

I got my first hourly job and used the Upwork tracking desktop app. I submitted my work but the client said, "For the next projects, please keep the changes in the same trackable file." I don't know what she means, as I used the Upwork app which took screenshots throughout my hour of working. Is there a setting I have to use to track or is she talking about something specific to the document I sent her? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
a_lipsey
Community Member

Sydney W wrote:

I got my first hourly job and used the Upwork tracking desktop app. I submitted my work but the client said, "For the next projects, please keep the changes in the same trackable file." I don't know what she means, as I used the Upwork app which took screenshots throughout my hour of working. Is there a setting I have to use to track or is she talking about something specific to the document I sent her? 

She probably is asking you to use the track changes feature in Word so she can see everything you did. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
a_lipsey
Community Member

Sydney W wrote:

She probably is asking you to use the track changes feature in Word so she can see everything you did. 

petra_r
Community Member

Sydney W wrote:

I got my first hourly job and used the Upwork tracking desktop app. I submitted my work but the client said, "For the next projects, please keep the changes in the same trackable file." I don't know what she means,

She means that she wants you to work in the original document with tracked changes turned on, so the client can accept or reject the edits you make.

Your profile describes you as an editor.

How can an editor not know about tracked changes? That's a bit like a chef not knowing what salt is.

I'm well aware of what tracked changes are. I was asking about the Upwork app specifically and seeing if there was something I was supposed to click or use within the Upwork app. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members