🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to verify account
Page options
shawon059
Community Member

How to verify account

Hello,

how do i check my account is verified or not. If it isn't how do i verify my account.

Help me.

Thanks.

36 REPLIES 36
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Md. Shahadat Hossa,

In case identity verification is warranted for your account, our team will send a request with instructions. At the moment you are not required to undergo ID verification, which can't be requested by users.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hello Vladimir,

My account is verified by video call by Upwork. And my English Fluency has also blue badge. But could you please suggest, How to get blue badge against my profile name. As I am not able to find any option of having badge on my profile.

Thank you for your time!

Hi Rupa, 

It sounds like you're referring to the Identity Verification Badge. You may read more about it here, and here for more information about this badge. 

Please know that currently,only Top Rated freelancers will become eligible to earn the “Identity Verified” badge, though we do plan to expand this program in the future. When you become eligible, you will be notified to verify your identity upon login.

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you Avery!Smiley Happy

8d076973
Community Member

Identity verification wasn't available on my Upwork profile, How can I be verified in Upwork since it keep on saying that it's not available and lastly do I need to be verified to get a contract projects on my clients? 

Hi Jonaisa,

Thank you for your message. It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process. You can still apply and win a job for now.

Thank you,
Pradeep
Upwork

Good Day! I have now a contract and I want to ask how to get my account verified. Thank you!

there is no option identity verification i can see in setting tab username (**Edited for Community Guidelines**)

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi there,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification process at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification process in the future.

~ Nikola
Upwork
2565b934
Community Member

Hello, I have been on Upwork for a year plus now and I haven’t got any job. Looks like my proposals are hidden.

someone told me I need to get verified first. How do I get verified please?

Hi Seyi,

Once you're required to verify your profile, our team will reach out to you directly with more details. At the moment, you don't have any pending verifications. 

Regarding your proposals, I would like to confirm that they are not hidden and clients are able to view your proposals. To learn more about how you can improve your profile and your proposals, check out our resources here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have provided documents for verification by following instructions 2-3 times but repeatedly asking for documents.

Hi Muhammad Musharaf,

I've reached out directly to the team handling the review and I'm pleased to inform you that your ID is now verified. You can now see the ID Verified badge on your profile as confirmation. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
hotakar-vaibhav
Community Member

How to verify My account in upwork
fridah-joan
Community Member

How do I verify my email

Hi Fridah,

I checked and the confirmation email was sent to your email successfully. Make sure you've entered the email address correctly and lastly use the option to change the email address you provided if you are still having issues. Afterwards, Please resend the email one more time, check your inbox and spam folder, check the settings for your email provider and make sure emails from Upwork aren't being blocked. 

Let us know if you received the confirmation email.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Does the lack of a verification badge affect your hire rate?

Joseph K wrote:

Does the lack of a verification badge affect your hire rate?

Depends on the client. 

So this can be the reason why I am constantly pitching excellently but not
getring hired. Because all I get is interviews.

Is it advisable to close down the account since its been up from 2019 but
never got any success. Never have i ever received a verification prompt.

Hi Joseph,

Please keep in mind that freelancers are allowed to have only one account. Opening more than one account is a violation of our TOS. 
Regarding the ID verification badge, once you're eligible our team will reach out to you directly with detailed instructions. I can also suggest to check out our resources Here and learn more about how to improve your profile and your proposals. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
53a69b65
Community Member

Hello,

I have a new account on Upwork and I need to verify my identity. Please let me know the instructions to do so.

Thank you,

Moaz

Hi Moaz,

Thank you for your message. I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

My Upwork account was also new, Do I need to be verified before having a contract project in my clients since it says that the identity verification is not available 

Community Member

Hello Team,

I set up a new account and I am yet to see the blue tick indicating verification. On reviewing my profile, I saw a military veteran. Probably this could be a mistake cos I never served in the military. I have tried to edit it but no joy. How do I get this sorted out? How can my profile get verified? 

2da8a057
Community Member

Hello,

I would like to ask about how to get my account verified? and if my account did not get a verification, could I work?(legally) and if it's okay could you please go through my profile and tell me what's still incomplete in order to work legally on Upwork? Thank you so much

Hi Jia,

Thank you for your message. I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi,

If that's the case then how should I explain to my client?, please help me take a look.

Thank you

Hi Jia,

Thank you for following up. Your client is asking you to contact support. Now, support would only say the same thing as what Pradeep said. You can let your client visit this forum link to see why not all freelancers are eligible for the badge yet.

~ AJ
Upwork
ejaboro
Community Member

Hello, I have been on Upwork and I haven’t got any job. Proposals have been sent

Also how do I get verified please?

Hi Ejiro,

I have checked your account and it looks like it doesn't need to be verified yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
saileshhh
Community Member

Hello, 
I want to check if my account is verified or not

Hi Sailesh,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
344b6f6c
Community Member

I want to check whether my account has been verified or not

Hi Ujang,

Your account is not verified yet. I see that you do not need to complete any verification at the moment. Our team will reach you when there is a need for any verification in the future.

- Pradeep

Upwork
cf1c256b
Community Member

Hello everyone, 

I had this account for a long time and I've been using it actively since this month. I'm NOT able to process my identity verification.

Hi Arslan,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members