🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to verify if a company is legit.
Page options
arj_creative
Community Member

How to verify if a company is legit.

I bid on a job that was posted on this platform from a company that was looking for a graphic designer to complete a few tasks. I was invited to interview but on a Telegram which I am in the process of currently. I see that the OP has since removed the job from this platform so I am trying to see if this is from a legitimate company or not. The company is representing themselves as IngramSpark. Does anyone have any experience with dealing with them on here?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Angela,

I've checked and confirmed that the job has been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS and action has been taken on the client account. 

Please note that all conversations before a contract is started must be through Upwork Messages, where you can send messages, have video calls, and more. You can check this thread for more information on how to use the flag option found on each job post or message to report any suspicious or inappropriate content. Also, check out this post for more tips on how to Stay Safe Online.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Angela R J wrote:

I bid on a job that was posted on this platform from a company that was looking for a graphic designer to complete a few tasks. I was invited to interview but on a Telegram which I am in the process of currently. I

t's a scam and you are already violating Upwork's terms of service by communicating outside the platform before a contract is in place.

They want to send you a fake check or scam you with gift cards etc. 

Angela R J wrote:

I see that the OP has since removed the job from this platform

No, Upwork have.

End the "interview" which isn't one and don't apply to anything else until you have gone through the terms of service so you don't get either scammed or banned.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Angela,

I've checked and confirmed that the job has been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS and action has been taken on the client account. 

Please note that all conversations before a contract is started must be through Upwork Messages, where you can send messages, have video calls, and more. You can check this thread for more information on how to use the flag option found on each job post or message to report any suspicious or inappropriate content. Also, check out this post for more tips on how to Stay Safe Online.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths