🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to view a job original posting as it has ...
Page options
e0b47590
Community Member

How to view a job original posting as it has now been revised ?

A job I applied to seems to have been revised, I have seen this in the past where after a few days the description of the job has changed. How can I see the original job that I submitted a proposal to?

4 REPLIES 4
LuiggiR

Hi Dave,

If the client edited the job post, you won't be able to view the description of the original job post you submitted a proposal to. If you're already in contact with the client, you can reach them out directly to further discuss the requirements of the project.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
e0b47590
Community Member

Thank you for the reply. I am saddened to hear that.

This allows a job poster to change the requirements after a proposal has been submitted. And then later claim that the requirements have not been met. 

In my particular case, I beleive the requirements have been changed and the person that posted is unresponsive to my inquires after he has twice now said (verbally) the job is mine. So I did some work on it, reminding him to make it official, to which he said he would, twice. Yes,I know, that I should wait until the job is confirmed mine. In this case I had some time to devote to it.

If Upwork is unwilling to archive requirements and changes, that forces me to do it to protect myself. Yet, unless I crypto sign a document, there is still no way to 100% prove the original requirements.

In the meanwhile, I'll have to include a copy of the requirements in each proposal I submit.

Dave

Dave:
Don't worry about this.

A job posting and job proposal are simply first steps in a conversation. They do not constitute a contract.

There is no particular reason to expect that what is described in a job proposal will be what a client and freelancer actually agree to when they start an official contract.

petra_r
Community Member

Dave P wrote:

In my particular case, I beleive the requirements have been changed and the person that posted is unresponsive to my inquires after he has twice now said (verbally) the job is mine. So I did some work on it, reminding him to make it official, to which he said he would, twice.

If you haven't been hired, you shouldn't have done any work on it. You have no contract.

Dave P wrote:

If Upwork is unwilling to archive requirements and changes, that forces me to do it to protect myself. Yet, unless I crypto sign a document, there is still no way to 100% prove the original requirements.

In the meanwhile, I'll have to include a copy of the requirements in each proposal I submit.

The job post and your proposal don't matter. What matters is what it say on the contract!

Dave P wrote:

No, only once you have actually been offered and accepted a contract. Then all that matters is what is in the contract. Until such a time, there is no need to copy anything because nothing actually exists.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members