🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to win over clients and standout!
Page options
prince_siboi
Community Member

How to win over clients and standout!

Hello Everyone!

I would like to share with everyone how I've recently managed to close 8 out of 10 proposals that I've sent out. And the tips are as follows:
1. Perfect your proposals and pitches: Other clients will first see your proposal or pitch. Don't just send some weird, copy-pasted nonsense. Give it some real thought. Keep improving your persuasion skills.

2. Perfect your samples: Yes, it's still true in 2022 that some clients won't care much about your profile or even proposal. They'll want to first see your sample. Make sure your samples are well-done. I have been using a template tool called HighNote to place all my sample and this has been my key strategy in winning jobs. Once a client checks out your HighNote, you will be able to see analytics on what page he spent most of his time on and this can help you close him/her real fast.

Here one of my HighNote Presentation template and you can create one too:
https://app.highnote.io/c/p/5de39ccf/scrollnext-best-digital-marketing-and-web-development-services

3. Replace old samples: Veteran writers fail at this. Don't keep sharing the same sample that worked for you in 2015. Showcase your latest and BEST samples to clients.

4. Perfect your first task: First impressions win. However, you should keep the relationship going. When hired, make sure your first task is very well done to maintain a client's confidence.

1 REPLY 1
664ded7c
Community Member

Thanks for sharing it. As I was facing issues in wining the job over upwork. As mostly I work on youtube automation. Haven't worked on upwork and I am new here. But after ready your post I found alot of mistakes in my proposal. Going to make it perfect according to your guidance and hopefull it will work for me. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members