🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How to withdraw money to Russia?
Page options
5d58768e
Community Member

How to withdraw money to Russia?

Hello, I hope you all having a wonderful week!

I am a foreigner student in Russia, I've been working on UpWork for some time already, and I wanted to ask.

How can I withdraw money in Russia?

I have a Sberbank account but I wasn't able to add it or to withdraw directly to my account.

Payoneer also doesn't work with me, I had a problem in my account and  I was trying to contact them for 2 months but they never replay.

So could anybody tell me how it is possible to withdraw money from UpWork or PayPal?

Or is it legal to send money from my UpWork account to my father's account in a different country?

Wish you all the best

3 REPLIES 3
joywriter
Community Member

Hi Nadim!

Welcome to the forums! Smiley Happy
Hope you are having a great week as well!

Payoneer is indeed a great option, also because you can create a US checking account with them for free and there are no fees to send money to that account from Upwork.

I've been using Payoneer for about 7 years and have had many problems, but patience is indeed required.

Why dont you use PayPal? Just send your money to your PayPal. You can link your Paypal and send money to it without any problem.

"Or is it legal to send money from my UpWork account to my father's account in a different country?"

No, you can't do that. the financial account needs to match your name and information, 100% of it. If there's any information that does not match, the funds get sent back to your Upwork balance again.

Hope this helps!

Best,

Hugo

5d58768e
Community Member

Hello everyone, I hope you're having a wonderful week

There is amazing news, I was searching for a solution for months, made several bank accounts and wasted a lot of money and time, in the end, I felt that there is no hope for me.

But in the last moment I found this amazing bank, I made an account online, and a member of the bank came to my house in his car to give me my new card, I wrote my Bank info on upwork and in several days I got my payment.

So if you're living In Russia, the best solution is to use bank called Tinkoff, you can thank me for shorting you weeks of research by making an account through my invitation link (You don't have to, but I will be thankful for it)
https://www.tinkoff.ru **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Wish you the best of luck

Hi Nadim, 

Just was looking at the same question too. Glad that I found your post and it is so bad that the UpWork team is absolutely useless in such questions and that they don't mention that they do not accept most of the bank accounts apart from Tinkoff. Thank you so much again for this article! Super helpful

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members