cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to work with new and payment not verified client?

f0276d19
Raja S Member Since: May 22, 2017
1 of 7

Hello all,

I recenlty got invited to interview. And the client is very new and wanted this project should be done within 21 hours. Job is easy. When I asked for the job he said I'm new to upwork and payment method takes 3 days to complete. 

What should I do now? 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 7

@Raja S wrote:

Hello all,

I recenlty got invited to interview. And the client is very new and wanted this project should be done within 21 hours. Job is easy. When I asked for the job he said I'm new to upwork and payment method takes 3 days to complete. 

What should I do now? 

When I verified my payment method it took less than 10 minutes.

As to what you should do:

do NOT accept the contract until the payment method is verified, and do not do any work until you have a contract, with a fully funded milestone. Quite simple, really..

If the client says he'll hire someone else, let someone else work for free. 

f0276d19
3 of 7

Thanks for the information. It's really helpful. And he again said to me "I will wire transfer to you when this project complete " 

I will not take this until the contract assign to me. Thanks you

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 7

@Raja S wrote:

Thanks for the information. It's really helpful. And he again said to me "I will wire transfer to you when this project complete " 

I will not take this until the contract assign to me. Thanks you

Report the client, as this is obviously a serious breach of Upwork's terms of service, and if you agree to it your account will be suspended along with the client's, so don't!!! 

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
5 of 7

Hi Raja,

Can you please take a screenshot of the direct payment your client offered, copy the job post link and send these to me in a private message?

Untitled
f0276d19
6 of 7

Thanks. But he's so clever I think. He requested me to use skype for further communication. I will ping you in DM. 

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
7 of 7

Thnaks for the details Raja, I'll ask our team to review the client and take action.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS