🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to write a cover letter
Page options
bamsibey
Community Member

How to write a cover letter

In your cover letter you should:
1. Outline what you can bring to the role and what sets you apart from other candidates.

2. Explain your skills and relevant experience.
3. Prove you have read and understood the job description, some clients will ask you to include a specific word or phrase to test this.
12 REPLIES 12
bamsibey
Community Member

If your client is not responding to you, it may be best to stop working on the project and wait for contact from the client.
In some cases, you may also reach out to Upwork to contact the client on your behalf.
If the client remains unresponsive it may be best to end the contract. Idle contracts can affect your Job Success Score if there is no recent activity or earnings.
Missing feedback is only flagged when it represents a significant portion of your contracts.
bamsibey
Community Member

Upwork provides payment protection to clients, freelancers, and agencies.
For hourly contracts, freelancers log time using the Upwork time tracker and clients can check their work diary to monitor progress.
Hourly contracts are billed and paid on a weekly basis.
With fixed-price contracts, deliverables are created in the form of milestones.
The client deposits funds with Upwork escrow and the freelancer gets paid once they have submitted work and the client has approved it.
bamsibey
Community Member

Clients can make changes to future milestones that have not yet been activated.
To delete a future milestone or to edit the title, amount, or due date:
1. Click the below link and choose the contract
2. Click the "Add or Edit Milestones" button
3. Edit, rearrange, or delete the milestones as appropriate
4. Click "Send changes" to make sure all changes are saved
Per Upwork escrow instructions you can only fund one milestone at a time for a specific contract and need to release the previously funded milestone before you can activate and fund the next one.
You should also have an agreement with the freelancer before making changes.

Proofread your profile carefully and check for spelling errors.
Establish trust and confidence by completing all sections.
Be consistent with your strongest skills and use all the sections to back them up.
Read your profile out loud to make sure it flows well, and ask a friend to review it.
lysis10
Community Member

Why are you spamming the forum with this stuff?

bamsibey
Community Member

@jennifer , i posted it because i want to get answers of this phrase which i get from Upwork bot , 

as you read , it said , ask a friend to review your profile ! ...

Now how i can add a friend in Upwork community for tht purpose , its mean the bot didn't gave me the right solution I want . 

However , if you can solve the issue , that is great and i will be very happy for this kind gesture .  

lysis10
Community Member

Mahateer M wrote:

@jennifer , i posted it because i want to get answers of this phrase which i get from Upwork bot , 

as you read , it said , ask a friend to review your profile ! ...

Now how i can add a friend in Upwork community for tht purpose , its mean the bot didn't gave me the right solution I want . 

However , if you can solve the issue , that is great and i will be very happy for this kind gesture .  

So you are asking a question? You're spamming the forum with random posts. What is your question?

The suggestion was to ask a friend to review your profile so that they can tell you how to improve - there is no need to add them to the community. Just send your friend your profile link and they can tell you what they think.

thanks for bearing with me to understand the community platform .
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mahateer,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the bot and sorry to hear it was unclear what its purpose is. In general, the purpose of the Community Bot is to provide users with the information they're looking for or direct them to areas of the Community or Upwork site where they can either find available information or receive help and assistance. We continue improving this feature to make it as clear and helpful as possible.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Did somebody tell you that it would help you get hired if you posted in the forum a lot? (It won't.)

probably it would not help me to get hire , but its not my right to post something on my profile , it looking awkward when i opened my profile on Freelancer community .
and the other thing is that , it is not against the privacy policy of Upwork ,
I can post and share my user experience with Upwork !
Am I not ?
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members