cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to write a good cover letter for wordpress related jobs?

ratanlancer
Ratan M Member Since: Oct 27, 2015
1 of 4

I am worried about my cover letter.Though I have completed almost 37 projects,don't know how to improve possibility of getting more jobs.May I copy my completed projects urls from notepad and paste into the cover letter section?Someone told me that there is detector of copy of pasting in upwork.

Please tell me how to write a good cover letter as well.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 4

Hi Ratan, 

Yes, you can share some of your completed projects on the cover letter. Here are some help articles on how you can submit winning proposals to your clients. Hope this helps, and goodluck!

~ Avery
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 4

re: "Someone told me that there is detector of copy of pasting in upwork."

No, that's not a thing.

Upwork doesn't care if you copy a URL pointing to a project you worked on, and paste that into your cover letter.

It is not the act of copying-and-pasting that Upwork tries to detect.

Upwork has algorithms that try to detect if you simply are re-using the same cover letter over and over again. If that's the case, your proposals would be deemed lower quality.

It does not matter if you copy-and-paste duplicate content, or if you type that duplicate in from scratch. The bad thing is if it is duplicate content.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 4

I have never had a template or saved cover letter or list of URLs or anything of the sort.

When I apply to a job, I look at the job description and I click "apply" and I type out a unique cover letter. I type out unique answers to any questions found in the job application.

I do not refer to anything that somebody else wrote.

These practices have been very successful for me. If I appy to a job, I typically get hired if the client can afford me.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS