cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to write cover letters for "Job which have description in just one line"?

Abhishek S Member Since: Mar 28, 2016
1 of 3

I get stuck when I have any Job with very small description in it, I am an UX Designer and saw projects with the description like "I want UX designer to complete my project" that's it. 

No project scope and No description. How someone can write Cover letter for this kind of projetcs? 

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
BEST ANSWER
2 of 3

I don't apply for those types of jobs because I find that the clients tend not to know what they want and be difficult to work with. However, if you do want to apply and the job is hourly, it's fairly straightforward--simply bid your rate and then in the proposal mention that you're not able to give a time estimate because there isn't enough detail in the posting, but you have x and y experience and would be interested in discussing the project further to see whether you'd be a good fit.

If it's fixed price it's a little more complicated, since you have to put in a fixed price bid, but you'll have to just do that and disclaim it in the proposal. One simple way to do this is to simply enter the number the client has listed as a budget, but in the proposal say that it is a placeholder based on their posting because you don't have sufficient information to quote a price until you've discussed the project further.

Abhishek S Member Since: Mar 28, 2016
3 of 3

Thank you Tiffany

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
User Accepted Solutions Count
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS