🐈 Community
clairie_m

How will I know if the hiring period is over?

I have a lot of proposals that were submitted more than a month ago. There were some proposals that were declined by the client because he/she has hired someone else. However, most of my proposals are hanging. I have no idea if the hiring process is not yet over or the job has been taken by somebody already. 

The problem is I want to apply to this one job but I can already see something like "one freelancer has already been hired and two more are being interviewed." The client didn't specify how many freelancers he needs. Can I assume that he needs more than one freelancer, or should I assume that he needs only one but he did not close the job post?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

A job that says 18 or 38 people are being interviewed is almost certainly a scam. Probably, those "clients" are asking each of those applicants to do a "small test job" and using those products to piece together their projects without paying anyone.

A job that has one hire may potentially still be open--I was recently hired on a job that had another hire, though it was posted as a single-freelancer job. However, the one you've posted here hasn't been viewed by the client in nearly a month, which makes it seem unlikely that they are still looking for additional freelancers.

Consider those sorts of factors, how great a fit you are for the job and how many connects you have to take a gamble with when you're considering older jobs.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
lysis10

It can be anywhere from right away to weeks. For the most part, the same day to 2-3 weeks is normal for me. I don't even think about it though tbh. Lots of times, people respond and I have to look at my proposal to figure out what I said before I respond. 

Set it and forget it. That's what I do anyway.

I do that, too. The problem is there are some jobs that I want to apply for but I am not sure if they are still open. Please take a look.

Activity on this Job

Proposals: More than 50

Last Viewed by Client: 7 days ago

Interviewing: 38

Invites Sent: 9

Unanswered Invites: 4

and this one, too

Activity on this Job

Proposals: 15 to 20

Last Viewed by Client: 25 days ago

Hires: 1

Interviewing: 0

Invites Sent: 0

Unanswered Invites: 0

and also this one

Activity on this Job

Proposals: More than 50

Last Viewed by Client: 2 days ago

Hires: 4

Interviewing: 18

Invites Sent: 10

Unanswered Invites: 2

Do you think they are still open? Is there a way to find out if the job is still open or not? Is there are a deadline for a given job post?

A job that says 18 or 38 people are being interviewed is almost certainly a scam. Probably, those "clients" are asking each of those applicants to do a "small test job" and using those products to piece together their projects without paying anyone.

A job that has one hire may potentially still be open--I was recently hired on a job that had another hire, though it was posted as a single-freelancer job. However, the one you've posted here hasn't been viewed by the client in nearly a month, which makes it seem unlikely that they are still looking for additional freelancers.

Consider those sorts of factors, how great a fit you are for the job and how many connects you have to take a gamble with when you're considering older jobs.

Now it's clear. There is no sure way to find out. I have to analyze the situation and decide if should still apply for the job or not. Thanks!

Learning Paths