cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How will you rate my profile?

Naurid Kashpia S Member Since: Nov 6, 2014
1 of 5

Hi All,

I'm a new oDesk member. I have earned 20 job application quota and applied for 10. No one got any invitation yet so I was thinking, is my profile attractive enough to get hired? Most of the job post asks for feedback score and oDesk hour. So as a new member how can I complete with other experienced members! Any suggesstion!

Community Guru
John B Member Since: Feb 20, 2009
2 of 5

Keep trying, keep sending off applications, take more tests.

Don't focus just on oDesk, join other freelance sites too.

It took me 3 months to get my first oDesk job.   Fast forward 5 years later now I'm kickin it in Tahiti...

Spend one hour per day learning something new so you can offer a greater range of services in the future.

Put your rate up a bit more $2 seems fairly low.

Try and get creative with your profile overview so you stand out from the rest.

3 of 5

Thank you so much for your advice. I have also joined fiverr and planning to join feelancer. Hope these will help me also. I saw few youtube tutorial. They told not to set higher rate at first. But I also think $2 is not a good rate.

Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
4 of 5

You should set your initial rate by all means lower than what you'd like to start with, but not so low that you can't rise above that. It's like a big pond with big fish near the surface, lots going on in the middle, and a lot of mud at the bottom. If you start somewhere below the surface where you can see the light shining through the water, you can gradually improve till you get to the surface. If you start in the mud at the bottom you'll never get out of it; and if you start just above the mud your vision will be obscured by the cloudiness of the water, and you will lose sight of the light at the surface.

Another thing - hide the not-very-good test results and only make them public when you've retaken and improved them

Good luck..

5 of 5

I really appreciate your suggesstions. I hope I'll be able to create my profile shine with the help of these nice suggestions that I'm getting from this community. Thanks a lot.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS