🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How would i know that client accept or reject...
Page options
asharma352
Community Member

How would i know that client accept or reject my job proposal as I am a freelancer...?

How would I know that client accept or reject my proposal as I work a freelancer....because I want to know whether I am wasting my contracts? And client is not responding so i should be knowing whether he/she accept or reject my proposal...and there will be a solution here that If client doesnot accept your proposal then your contracts should get back to your account.........Plzzzzz Answer..........I AM Waisting my contracts...........

25 REPLIES 25
hoyle_editing
Community Member

You will know if a client 'accepts' your proposal as they will message you to talk about the job or send you an offer.

If you dont have a reply then assume it has not been accepted.

You will not get connects back, that would defeat the whole purpose of the connects system.

This seems a bit bizarre. Shouldn't you be informed if a prospective client has chosen another contractor? Otherwise do the proposals just keep piling up? (Currently, I'm at 10, and with some of them being "URGENT" "ONE HOUR TODAY", etc. I assume they have gone in a different direction.) I'd prefer to know that my proposal was not selected so I can tweak my pitches accordingly--I learn nothing by simply not ever getting a notification.

prosenjitprosen
Community Member

You will receive a message on your inbox or notification on your "proposal" section if the client accepts your proposal. You will also get a notification if you get rejected.

You will get back your connects if the client does not hire anyone and the job is closed by the client. If the client hires one and closed the job, You will not get any connects.

I thought you do not get a notif of getting rejected? like, they do not reply and that is it?

If they decline your proposal, you will get notification.

If they will select someone else and do nothing with your proposal, you will not get any notification.

If they will not select anyone, and keep the project open, you will not get any notification.

Your connects will be refunded only if the client close the project without selecting anyone. 

hi

need some help

i got a message from a client saying "We've noticed your proposal and decided to hire you for this job so please get in touch with /////" and contact them via Telegram. For the first few proposals I have send I received these kind of messages. As far as I get to know that is against upwork rules. 

please let me know how do I find out that I am actually hired for the job ..what is the procedure of that

Hi Krishni,

Unfortunately, it looks like you were not hired for this job. Please keep in mind that you shouldn't provide any work until your client sends you an offer and a contract is created under your My Jobs tab.

Please know that sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork's Terms of Service and that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork.

encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

You may want to check this help article to help you stay safe on Upwork. Additionally, feel free to check available learning paths in Academy section to help you get started on Upwork. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

I know right? it's really weird and annoying at the same time that they don't waste a single action to show their answer.

Abdelkarim D wrote:

I know right? it's really weird and annoying at the same time that they don't waste a single action to show their answer.

It isn't. The last thing I want to be notified about is a client rejecting my proposal. 

The problem is the false expectations that you may keep on carrying that you may still get hired when someone has already been selected ages ago. I still think if they communicate; atleast we are sure of what to do and what not to do.

well, at least you know if you should wait for an answer or go to another post

The answer to that question is always 100% of the time to keep looking for other work.

Your Notification Icon Will Concern about It.

Bravo Thanks

roberty1y
Community Member

Best thing is to forget all about the proposal unless and until you get a reply. There's only a five percent chance that you will, even if you're very careful in sending your proposals. 

Clients do have the option of telling you you didn't get the job, but they only use it in one out of every hundred cases, in my experience.

mdwalidsalehin91
Community Member

You Have Need To Log In with Upwork App. With Notification On You Will Be Aware about Client Response.Your Mibile App Aware you that your client Accept or Reject The Proposal.

Mohammad W wrote:

You Have Need To Log In with Upwork App. With Notification On You Will Be Aware about Client Response.Your Mibile App Aware you that your client Accept or Reject The Proposal.

That information is utterly useless to me. Receiving an offer, on the other hand, isn't. 

devmahian
Community Member

The only way you can get back your spent connects is if the client himself/herself closes the job without hiring anyone. Otherwise it isn't possible.

The reason for connects is to reduce cheap freelancer and make freelancers spend their time wisely on job proposals.

It's definately tough but life isn't easy either.

ee42c62c
Community Member

Is there a way a freelancer can know if the job is done already? Like, does it leave the job postings? Because I think this is important.

Hi David,

Are you referring to when the project is already completed by a freelancer? In general, you would not have access to this information. But you will know when the client has already hired a different freelancer by going back to the job post and under the activity on the job post, you'll see the number of hires if there are any.

~ AJ
Upwork
b5f9f470
Community Member

I would like to better understand the refund of connects in this circumstance:

"The only way you can get back your spent connects is if the client himself/herself closes the job without hiring anyone"

To help me better understand, does this mean a user can post a job advert which receives perhaps 50 proposals, and then never return to even look at any proposals, nor to close the project. All the connects 50 x 8 connects for example = 400 connects spent by all 50 applicants will be forfeited/lost even though the person who posted the job is deliquent under these circumstances? If my understanding is correct this does not constitue fair business practice on the part of UpWork so I must be mistaken. Please explain what I am misunderstanding here.

yofazza
Community Member

You understand correctly, you are not mistaken.

b5f9f470
Community Member

Bizarre and alarming operating procedure. In the wrong hands, an unscrupulous job portal might easily use such methods to inflate earnings through fraudulent methods.

yofazza
Community Member

They don't need to do that.

They use the demand and supply rule to 'legitimate' their actions, to take profits! from their unlimited supply of freelancers who are now 'voluntarily' accept the spent connects for any reasons as business expense (gambling expense, if you ask me).

Unlike other sites, they allow everyone to join easily. They introduce the boost thing. They raise the required connects per project. The boost thing seems to work very well that they increased the slot and removed the upper cap (if I understands it correctly), etc.

Will this finally be able to give them net profit or not? Only time will tell.

b5f9f470
Community Member

I noted on their connects support page that UpWork explains that there are ways to earn free connects however they understandably cannot disclose exact details for each method in fear of users "gaming" the system. This is an interesting perspective. Users cannot be trusted not to "game" earning free connects, yet the reverse is not the case. UpWork clearly has a means to "game" earnings in their favor through the anonymity of the job adverts. While I am not claiming that "UpWork" is "gaming" this income avenue (as we would have no way of knowing), it is neverthless quite revealing that UpWork does not see any need to extend the same courtesy to its user base by simply refunding connects after an amount of time if the person hiring has not ever returned to the advert.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members