🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Hrly Rates on Upwork
Page options
ifrahbruce
Community Member

Hrly Rates on Upwork

Are these hrly rates I see correct? Some are as low as $4/hr...that doesn't seem right to me. Why is that so low? That isn't even minimum wage! My rate is $90/hr as a PM normally.

4 REPLIES 4
moonraker
Community Member

It's a global platform so minimum wages do not apply. Upwork also has people of a wide range of abilities. 

There's still enough gems out there to keep skilled freelancers busy, though, although it can take some time to sift through to find something suitable. 

prestonhunter
Community Member

At $4/hour, some freelancers are being paid more than their work is worth. At $100/hour, some freelancers are being underpaid.

Freelancers set their own hourly rates. Clients decide what they are willing to pay.

I think a lot of clients are looking for extremly low rates and many times they are getting them, a lot of people at least in the VA area are accepting 3$ an hour . Or a lots of 5 $ jobs just for rateings.

I can`t imagine how can this be good even for Upwork , low rate, low profit.

It depends on where the worker is located and the type of work they complete. People in south Asia with BA's work in call centers and content farms for $300 a month, and that is putting in 10 hours a day or more. Like Preston said, there are all kinds and levels. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths