🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Hurt me in Future If Temporarly Submit Pr...
Page options
n_cabel
Community Member

Hurt me in Future If Temporarly Submit Proposals to Different Categories, Skills to Be Hired

Hello,

I have been trying to get picked at all for a couple of YEARS as a Motion Graphics Designer. Of course this has made me not to submit proposals for awhile. Should I start going for jobs in different niches/category?? So, that I can finally have a better chance in getting picked (for the first time) & get my 1st hire. Then after I get reviews in my profile, start again concentrating again in submitting for motion graphics,graphic design,video editting related jobs.

Will all this hurt my reputation in the future?

4 REPLIES 4
JoanneP

Hi Najla,

It's always best to focus on improving your profile and submit a good proposal to clients for jobs that matches your skills and experience. You might want to consider checking out the links below to help your profile stand out:

8+ Tips to Help You Create a Profile That Stands Out

Upwork Profiles: Why a Great Title and Overview Can Make a Difference

A How-To Guide for Your Perfect Profile Picture

Get Your Profile to the Next Level with an Intro Video

4 Ways to Create a More Successful Portfolio Regardless of Your Skill Set

If you have other questions, please let us know. We're here to help. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
n_cabel
Community Member

Replying here since replying through email as yield nothing.

I have read those links before and I have been listening to web lectures, focusing on improving my portfolio, and submitting proposals.

As I said its not working, I want to know will it hurt me in the long run if I submit proposals to different categories/skill sets that have a higher and/or easier hiring rate. So, that I can hopefully FINALLY get Client reviews/ratings on my profile then go back to pursuing motion design related jobs.

Are there any successful freelances that I can talk to that has done this or at least can give me thier opionions?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Najla, 

I would recommend against bidding for jobs that are not related to your skills, and/or job category. In the long run, it might not help you with your profile because it may make your profile look weak as the jobs do not relate to your current job category. A lot of freelancers in the Community have said that it takes time to get hired, some even 6-months. 

Don't lose hope and continue sending out tailor-fit proposals to jobs that you are a good fit for. Good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork
n_cabel
Community Member

Hello,

I am losing hope when 95% Clients don't even hire & after sending out tailor-fit proposals for Motion Design related jobs for a couple of years

This is why I am posting here to see if there's any new creative way in getting hired.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths