🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I DON'T GET FREELANCING JOBS OR HIRED BUT I ...
Page options
onkabetse751507
Community Member

I DON'T GET FREELANCING JOBS OR HIRED BUT I HAVE THE REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS

I don't get hired to be a freelancer but I have required skills and qualifications in computer science and Computer Networking.
Please help me guys to get hiredI can do artificial intelligence jobs, quantum computing etc
7 REPLIES 7
JoanneP

Hi Onkabetse,

I can understand that you are concerned about not winning jobs so far. It may take some time to win jobs especially if you are just starting, but please don't be discourage and continue applying to jobs you're interested in. Here are some tips to help  you improve your profile and write proposals: 

9 Tips to Help You Create a Freelancer Profile That Stands Out

4 Ways to Create a More Successful Freelancer Portfolio

10 Upwork Profile Examples That Will Help You Get Clients

How To Get More Jobs on Upwork in 2021

How to Create a Proposal That Wins Jobs

How to Write a Cover Letter

You can find more helpful resources here.

~ Joanne
Upwork

But I did everything go get a job but I didn't even get 1....

Onkabetse T wrote:
But I did everything go get a job but I didn't even get 1....

You did not do everything. Your profile, frankly, is not good and needs a lot of work. I know your English is basic, and that's okay, but your headline has a big typo in the first word. 

Then there is one small paragraph of generic, not appealing text followed by an enormous amount of white space and nothing else. View your profile from the settings that allow you to see what it looks like, and you'll see what I'm talking about. 

You have only one portfolio piece, you have no client testimonials, and your most recent job was with a cleaning company. Your profile has not been optimized. I would suspect your proposals are equally unappealing to clients. So you have a lot of work to do. If I were you I'd continue to work on my profile and get feedback from others before submitting any more proposals. Right now sending proposals would be a waste for you. 

But I have already did everything...they should give me a little chance for a smaller work atleast.

Onkabetse T wrote:
But I have already did everything...they should give me a little chance for a smaller work atleast.

No one has to give you a chance, nor should they if you can't optimize your own profile. Clients aren't here to give you a chance. They are here to get their projects done by experts. 

lysis10
Community Member

I encourage everyone to look at the quantum computing sample code lol

Meaning I don't get it...
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members