Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Ended Contract without Releasing the Second Milestone

Highlighted
Melody G Member Since: Jan 12, 2018
1 of 7

Hello,

I had a Fixed contract open with a freelancer whom I work with often. The work had been completed successfully, but I ended the contract without marking the 2nd milestone as complete which was the remaining amount in Escrow.

How do I release the remaining funds to pay the freelancer or will this be released to them automatically now that the job is completed?

I have attached a couple of screenshots in case it helps.

Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 6.53.23 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-01-12 at 6.56.52 PM.png

Thank you

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
2 of 7

If your freelancer hit the "get paid" button when they submitted the final file and met that second milestone, the payment is automatically released after 14 days, or when the client approves the work and releases it, whichever comes first.

Ryan C Moderator Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
3 of 7

Hello Melody,

You may give your freelancer a bonus instead. Please go to your contracts, click the contract you had with your freelancer, click the three-dotted button beside the rehire button and then click Give Bonus. 

Untitled
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
4 of 7

Ryan C wrote:

Hello Melody,

You may give your freelancer a bonus instead. Please go to your contracts, click the contract you had with your freelancer, click the three-dotted button beside the rehire button and then click Give Bonus. 

Ryan,

Could you please clarify. If the milestone is funded, which appears to be the case, can't the client just release that milestone?

ETA: Oh, never mind ... I guess the client didn't fund that second milestone.

Melody G Member Since: Jan 12, 2018
5 of 7
If I give them a bonus are you sure I won’t be charged twice?
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
6 of 7

Melody G wrote:
If I give them a bonus are you sure I won’t be charged twice?

If you have funded the 2th milestone, then yes. In this case, disregard Ryan’s answer. Your milestone will release automatically.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
7 of 7

never mind

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"Stay away from negative people. They have a problem for every solution." —Albert Einstein
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS