Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Have A Problem

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
1 of 6
I'm about to be hired for a job ( I have not accepted the offer yet) As usual I am reviewing the client but there seems to be some confusion. The client has a 4.67 star rating over 38 reviews. When I go to look at them to assess why the rating is this low, Upwork is only showing 9 jobs and 3 in progress. So 29 reviews are missing, including the ones with low star ratings. The're not there ?? How can I possibly judge whether or not to take a job when 29 reviews are missing? It says the client has spent Over $50,000 Total Spent - with 106 Hires, and 21 Jobs are Active None of this adds up and I don't know whether or not to accept the offer. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for any help you can give. This would be a good job with quite a few hours but I honestly don't know what to do.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Santiago G Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
2 of 6

@ Jean

Well aint that a kick in the [insert body part here] !! That one could definately go in any direction. Most likely it's some weird feature (a.k.a. yet another problem) only showing some reviews / feedback. 

I'd take a short look at the fact that the client spent over $50,000 as a sign that it's a real deal client. However, I'd also take it as a potentially "serious" client that expects specific + excellent results..... or else.

IF you want to take the chance, as we all do, I'd give it a shot. But once you did, I'd be paying absolute attention to that job if I were you.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 6
I would do it.
If the client pays my rate and treats me well, I'm willing to consider him a good client.

I have enough jobs and hours under my belt that one bad apple won't cause a problem with my job score or anything. So I'm willing to take some risks.

I look at the jobs, but I don't investigate clients.

That's not general advice. I understand this might not apply to everybody.
Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 6

Hi Jean,

I understand that this is important for you to be able to see full client's work history to make a decision about applying for the job. There is a technical issue that has already been escalated to our engineers and they will fix it as soon as possible. I appreciate your patience.

You can also refer to this thread about the same issue.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Jose Maria Amadeo E Member Since: Jun 26, 2015
5 of 6

The client has spent over $50,000 so the job is authentic. And the client is hiring you so might as well accept the offer. The only reason I would decline it is if 1) it would affect my current job which is not online 2) if I found a better offer. But if it doesn't affect both, go for it. You know the job and it's extra cash to spend.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
6 of 6

Thank you everyone. 

I turned the job down as I'm just not willing to risk my Job Success score and my overall rating. 

It's ironic that we get told to choose clients carefully and then we have this situation. 

If there was NO risk to my Job Success I would have taken the job but the way things are these days I'm not willing to take that risk.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS