Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Have This Concern

fire_flash_ex
Ace Contributor
I S M H Member Since: Oct 6, 2010
1 of 8

I'm doing a fixed price job. The client hired me on a $25 budget. I completed it and requested to release the Milestone.

The client says he has more work for me and assigns me with the task. I can see another Milestone created worth $85. But I can't figure it out if that fund is funded to UpWork.

He says that he is on his cell and he will release the first Milestone Request tomorrow. He also needs the work worth $85 done by tomorrow morning and he will also release the Second Milestone after the submission of my work.

I can see from the UpWork messenger that he is from France and it is around 8:30 Pm out there. Should I go on to complete the work?

I have converesed with the client through UpWork Messanger. And he is a Platinum Tier on his profile with 100+ Reviews.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 8

When a new milestone is given to you and it's funded, you get a message in the message center that tells you how much it's for and the "(funded)" next to the amount. You can also look at the job and the "Submit" button won't show if there is no escrow. It will say "(funded)" if it's funded.

I don't believe they can fund a new one without releasing the previous escrow milestone.

Whether you do the work is up to you, but I never submit until there is escrow. I don't care how much they kick and scream. If the client is repeat and I know is just busy and good for it, sometimes I'll do the work and wait for escrow before I submit. This is only for people I know will fund escrow the next day or close to it.

and979
Community Guru
Andrea B Member Since: Feb 20, 2015
3 of 8

I don't care how much they kick and scream.

I mostly agree with you.

I would probably give it a try only on condition that the client has a 5 star rating without a single complaint. But then I wouldn't sleep all night anyway.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
4 of 8

Stars don't pay the bills. 

sk-andaleeb
Community Guru
Tanzeel Z Member Since: May 26, 2015
BEST ANSWER
5 of 8

Hi, 

I can understand your concern.  I do not know if there is any option to fund the 2nd milestone before the 1st is released. In my experience, clients do not have the option to create 2 funded milestones. So, I think your client has not funded the 2nd milestone. 

If it is a close deadline, keep the work ready, but do not send it unless the first milestone is released. You can possibly schedule an email if you have a time zone difference. (Do not send the work unless the first milestone is released and the 2nd one is properly funded).

View solution in original post

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 8

@S.K A wrote:

Hi, 

I can understand your concern.  I do not know if there is any option to fund the 2nd milestone before the 1st is released. In my experience, clients do not have the option to create 2 funded milestones. t milestone is released and the 2nd one is properly funded).

Clients can fund a dozen milestones along with the first one if they like.

Most don't.

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
7 of 8

@Petra R wrote:

Clients can fund a dozen milestones along with the first one if they like.

Most don't.

Actually they can't. I recently hired someone for a two milestone job, and I was unable to fund the second milestone before the first one was released.

Or do I have the dumbs?

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
iaabraham
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
8 of 8

My client tried to fund a second milestone without approving the first one and he was unable to do so.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS