🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I NEED HELP!
Page options
la19
Community Member

I NEED HELP!

i need URGENT HELP! i was about to sign in to my freelance account that i have for 10 years. i am signing in by saved password from my laprop and i never had problem. today out of nowhere, while i attempted to sign in, upwork asked me to veryfy by account by sendint me verification code on my mobile number. but i changed that number few mounts ago and i forgot to change the number on the informations on upwork. so I CANT LOG IN, and the worst is that a clinet is waiting for my responce and on top of that i cant get any hepl from UPWORK becouse i cant log in! so i had to make this account to post this issue here, and i hope there is someone that can HELP. thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

La L wrote:
Yes i know, but i had no chouse on how to contact this community as i need
urgently to reply to my client through upwork messenger.

All you have to do is complete this form so Upwork can verify it's you and get you back in your account.

You can also respond to your client by responding to the email that alerted you to the message the client sent.

Preston H wrote:

I think it is a problem because you are having problems right now logging into your account.

just think you will be better off and less likely to forget things like your password

She didn't "forget her password" - she can't log in because of 2-factor verification. That has nothing to do with forgetting her password.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
prestonhunter
Community Member

You messed up.

You will need to work with Customer Service to recover access to your account.

re: "i am signing in by saved password from my laptop"

After you recover access to your account, you should never again allow your laptop to save your password.

When you need to log in, type your password.

why is a problem to log in with a saved password form my laptop? its not a
first time that i do this
la19
Community Member

also how can i resolve the issue with Customer Service, when i cant reach them?

re: "also how can i resolve the issue with Customer Service, when i cant reach them?"

Be patient. They will contact you.

it surprises me that i cant get any dirrect help from them in this kind of urgent situations, and as their clinet for many years, i am expacting that. 

anyway, thank you Preston for your time. 

I think it is a problem because you are having problems right now logging into your account.

You forgot to update your phone number. I just think you will be better off and less likely to forget things like your password if you avoid letting the computer save it and enter it for you.

But you can do what you want. It is my suggestion. Not a rule.

JoanneP

Hi La,

I checked your account, and it looks like you were able to log in to your account already. Please let us know if you need further help. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
la19
Community Member

to be a member of this community you need to be signed in. so i had to
make new account to sign in and ask for help!

Hi La,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

Please note that having multiple accounts is a serious violation of Upwork's Terms of Service.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
la19
Community Member

urgently to reply to my client through upwork messenger. i will close this
account once we resolve this issue! i got in contact with somebody from the
support team, will contact you if i dont get fast response from them.
thank you
petra_r
Community Member

La L wrote:
urgently to reply to my client through upwork messenger.

All you have to do is complete this form so Upwork can verify it's you and get you back in your account.

You can also respond to your client by responding to the email that alerted you to the message the client sent.

Preston H wrote:

just think you will be better off and less likely to forget things like your password

She didn't "forget her password" - she can't log in because of 2-factor verification. That has nothing to do with forgetting her password.

la19
Community Member

thank you
la19
Community Member

Thank you Petra! I sent him an emal and i hope ti will work. i am closing this subject and this account to avoid any other issues. 

thank you all for your help

la19
Community Member

I paniched and oppened this account as i needed urgent help and wanted to ask someone from the community. now i want to close this account and i see its not easy at all. can you help me with it?

petra_r
Community Member

La L wrote:

I paniched and oppened this account as i needed urgent help and wanted to ask someone from the community. now i want to close this account and i see its not easy at all. can you help me with it?

Let me flag your post so a moderator can arrange for your new account to be closed

la19
Community Member

Thank you!

Hi La,

I closed your account as per your request. Please continue to communicate with our team members through the support ticket you have created.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Nikola S wrote:

I closed your account as per your request. Please continue to communicate with our team members through the support ticket you have created.

I hope that ticket isn't on the now closed account? 🙂

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths