cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I NEED INVITATION IN ELANCE TO MIGRATE TO UPWORK?

Highlighted
Chakkarabani S Member Since: Oct 18, 2016
1 of 20

Hi,

I want invitation to move my elance to upwork.

I have account in both the sites.

under elance now I dont have invitation but only login to upwork so I want the invitation now.

Thank you!

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 20

Hi Chakkarabani,

I see you already migrated your account at the beginning of August. Users are not allowed to have duplicate accounts so please close one to prevent having both of them restricted. Follow up on the ticket you submitted if you have any questions.

Highlighted
3 of 20

Yeah you are right but I have deleted that account. Now I have created a new one to which my elance acount needs to be merged. Can you hep me out?

Thanks for your reply.

Highlighted
4 of 20

Hi Chakkarabani,

Unfortunately not. As I've mentioned, users are not allowed to create duplicate accounts.

You can resume the previously closed account and won't be allowed to migrate your Elance accounts again.

Highlighted
5 of 20

Well!

Previously, I had an account in odesk for data entry job

and also an account in elance for Mechanical technical job

when you moved to upwork my both the accounts were combined. Now the issue is I have my portfolio in my resume for real time job where the employer can see.

Since my upwork portfolio contain both the data entry and mechanical jobs the employer is obviously gonna reject me.

Therefore I have asked upwork to remove my data entry jobs and show only mechanical jobs in my portfolio but they say that is not possible which make no sense at all.

So what I shouuld do now?

Highlighted
6 of 20

Hi Chakkarabani,

Our team informed you correctly as we won't be able to remove some of the jobs that migrated when you decided to merge your accounts. Note that you can edit your portfolio.

You can opt to resume using your previous Upwork account or use the new one you created.

Highlighted
7 of 20

Hi Vladimir,

I am a Mechanical engineer and I have done mechanical related works in elance but data entry jobs in odesk.

Now I want only mechanical jobs to be in my account and not data entry jobs.

So migrate my elance account to my newly created upwork account. Otherwise no use of having the portfolio for me because I will not get real time mechanical job with data entry portfolio. Do you understand my issue?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
8 of 20

@chakkarabani S wrote:

Hi Vladimir,

I am a Mechanical engineer and I have done mechanical related works in elance but data entry jobs in odesk.

Now I want only mechanical jobs to be in my account and not data entry jobs.

So migrate my elance account to my newly created upwork account. Otherwise no use of having the portfolio for me because I will not get real time mechanical job with data entry portfolio. Do you understand my issue?

He understands perfectly.  What he is saying is you can't pick and choose which projects to display on your profile.  You can either keep the new profile or you can keep the old one which had your Elance migration.  They can't move the Elance migration to your new profile.  

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Highlighted
9 of 20

Dont you think that has no sense? Because of odesk merged both I should have my accounts combined?

I wanted to show only mechanical related job and not data entry because I am not working in data entry any more.

Either you people dont understand my issue or you have no solution for my issue.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
10 of 20

You have a migrated account to use.  Just because you may have data entry projects on it doesn't mean you're not going to be able to change your overview and skill sets to match your new skills.  You can add portfolio items related to your new skillset and edit your overview.

Or......

You can keep your new one and start over. But Upwork can't allow people to pick and choose which projects are displayed on their profile. It makes no sense to do so.  You have to choose one or the other, and if you don't choose soon you risk having both profiles suspended. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS