🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I OVERLOOKED MY FIRST CONTRACT
Page options
jengarzon
Community Member

I OVERLOOKED MY FIRST CONTRACT

Hi, im having a hard time with my first contract, because i was too excited and accepted the job offer thinking that was the same as my proposal. 

Let me explain it: my proposal was 4 milestones to be completed for 4 articles out of 50 that the client post, but since the budget was a lot and i didnt know if he needed more freelancers i bid for 4 out of the 50. i set up my milestones and submitted my proposal, he contacted me and we agreed on everything that i posted, but just now that i send the 1 milestone article i noticed that no funds were released and it was only one milestone for the total of 50 articles, i dont see any of my proposal setting the time and the total per milestone. 

I contacted my client and told him that i would feel more comfortable if he set up the milestone but he told me not to worry and to continue to send him the articles and ping him when necessary. Im worried because i dont see how i can prove that we agreed on 4 articles for that price rather that 50 that appear on the project. 

What should i do ? was it ok for me to ask him to set up the milestones? i know it was my mistake not to look at the contract more carefully but i was excited to land my first gig. 

3 REPLIES 3
mystudiomke
Community Member

Jennifer,

The client has to set up milestones so you get properly paid for and he gets his work. Do not send work without submitting via milestones.

Lila
tlbp
Community Member

Submit one article and request the amount you proposed via the request payment button. (You can enter an amount other than the milestone amount when you request payment.) See if the client pays. If he does not, then come back and ask us all how to handle that situation. Currently, you have no way of knowing whether the client just set up one milestone but intends to pay you for each piece or not. 

Adding to what Tonya wrote... If the client pays (any amount) for the milestone, it will be completed and the client can then create a new milestone for the next article. The unused funds from the first milestone will remain in escrow, and can be used to fund new milestones.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths