cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Want to refund some money to my client

Amir I Member Since: Nov 15, 2014
1 of 30

Hi,

I had an contract with one of my client. he sent me $20 more then the decided budget. the funds are realesed to me. i want to refund $20 to my client. but i can't see any option of refund there. Btw client has just ended the contract. please tell me how i can refund him.

also why the live chat support is off. This is bad

Community Guru
Iftikhar I Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
2 of 30

Amir

Find your contract in my jobs view all the contracts which are recently ended open the one your client has ended there you will find the refund option where you can refund the the required amount but its better you contact the customer service help.

Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
3 of 30

@ Amir,

Are you sure this is not some type of bonus that the client is giving you to show appreciation for the work done? Many times clients will give a bonus of $20, so be sure first.

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Community Guru
Amy T Member Since: Jan 31, 2013
4 of 30
I agree. I would message the client first. I have had several clients send extra as an appreciation for the work done.
Amir I Member Since: Nov 15, 2014
5 of 30

thanks all for your kind reply. unfortunately i have asked my client like if it is a bonus but he said he said please reffund @20 back to him. so i have to refund him

Iftikhar I there is no option for refund here. i have contacted to support but its more then 4 days never hear back from them.

Ace Contributor
Arens M Member Since: Mar 15, 2015
6 of 30

Refund the money with paypal. I hope I didnt a TOS violation here, but is the best thing to do in your case.

Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
7 of 30

No that's absolutely NOT the right thing to do.  It is a violation,  and one that can get you kicked off the site...

Ace Contributor
Arens M Member Since: Mar 15, 2015
8 of 30

@Stephen B wrote:

No that's absolutely NOT the right thing to do.  It is a violation,  and one that can get you kicked off the site...

But maybe not. He will send 20$ to the client and not as a refund but same as sending some money to a friend or parent. Upwork in the end will not lose the % from the 20$ because the client have already paid and no refund will occur from upwork system.
Can you explain better how is this a TOS violation?

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
9 of 30

re: "Refund the money with paypal. I hope I didnt a TOS violation here, but is the best thing to do in your case."

Argh, no!!!

Don't even think it.

But Stephen beat me to the post.

YES, that's a TOS violation.

Community Guru
Iftikhar I Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
10 of 30

Amir have a look at the attached one and follow it if you can get to your ended contract so you can refund the required amount.

Hope it helps.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS