🐈 Community

I Won my first project, Delivered 100% on time, and did not get paid a dime

Hello Upwork Support,

I won this first project, delivered on time and then the client just vanished, no review and no pay

I could not log in the hours because Manual Time settings were disabled by the client

I got jammed because I was new to Upwork and did not know these things, I only delivered her perfection but I did not get paid anything

It’s been almost a month now, Please help me

The client’s information is following

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Please help me

Faisal
https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01b116e2b483fd3823?viewMode=1

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter

Faisal:

It is OKAY!

Don't take it personally. Many Upwork newbies make similar mistakes.

The important thing for you to do now is for you to learn from your mistakes.

Make sure that you understand what you did wrong.

Ask questions here if you are not sure about something.

Don't try to get money from that project. Instead: gain wisdom.

re: "I could not log in the hours because Manual Time settings were disabled by the client"

If you had an hourly contract, and you could not log manual time, then you had three options:

- log time using the desktop Upwork application

- don't work and don't log time

- ask the client to pay you using the Pay Bonus tool (which is 100% at the client's descretion, and is not something Upwork enforces).

re: "It’s been almost a month now"

On Upwork, we get paid for our work within 2 to 3 weeks at the most.

If you did work a month ago and haven't been paid for it already even though the client vanished (to use your word), it definitely means you did something wrong.

Here is an example of how that works:

- I did work on a fixed-price contract and submitted it.- The client COMPLETELY vanished.

- 14 days later, the FULL AMOUNT of money we agreed to (funded in escrow) was released AUTOMATICALLY to me.

- 5 days later, they money was available to withdraw from Upwork.

- Within 3 weeks of submitting the work, ALL the money was in my bank account.

aocumen
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear your experience, Faisal. To be covered by the Upwork Payment Protection Program for hourly contracts, you should have tracked working hours with the Upwork Desktop App to be able to log hours on your Work Diary, and bill the client automatically. 

You may want to read up on the  freelancer resources to help you get started on Upwork, and for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

~ Avery
Upwork
Upcoming Events
Oct 27
Nov 29