cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I accepted the offer and the contract started but my client is so unresponsive

Highlighted
Colline Marie C Member Since: Apr 3, 2017
1 of 17

I accepted the offer and my first contract started..but my client **edited for Community Guidelines** is so unresponsive. I didn't get a reply from him since I accepted the job. What will I do?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 17

Collins: I always get paid EVEN IF the client is completely unresponsive. Even if the client never communicates with me again after I accept the contract.

If that's not true for you, then you need to learn more about how Upwork works.

Whether it is a fixed-price contract or hourly contract, I get paid, and so should you.

Which kind of contract do you have? How long ago did you accept the contract?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
3 of 17

My Client **edited for Community Guidelines** has a verified account on Upwork. The contract name is "Telemarketing" but I have no idea of the job since the client NEVER communicate with me, the offer is 4$ per hour, my question is should I turn on my desktop time tracker even if I am still waiting for my client's reply? I accepted the offer last April 23, 2017.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
4 of 17

Do you have enough information to do the job?

Is it either an hourly contract with a verified payment method or a fixed price job with a funded milestone?

If the answers to those questions are yes, just do the job.

If the answer to either of those questions is no, what you should do next will depend on how long it's been since you messaged the client and didn't get a response.

Highlighted
5 of 17

Yes.. my client **edited for Community Guidelines** has a verified account & hires. But I have no idea to what kind of Telemarketing should I do since the client did not communicate with me since I accepted the offer. Can I turn on my desktop time tracker even if I am doing COMPLETELY NOTHING??

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
6 of 17

No. If they haven't given you enough information to get started, you can't start. You didn't say how long it's been that you've been waiting to hear from them.

I'm not sure why you keep typing their name in all caps, but you're not supposed to name clients in the forums.

Highlighted
7 of 17

I'm sorry for naming them. I accepted the contract last April 23, 2017 

Highlighted
8 of 17

Should I turn on my DESKTOP TIME TRACKER even if I'm doing completely nothing? My contract is Telemarketing, 4$ per hour. Can I get a pay with this unresponsive client?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Amanda F Member Since: Aug 8, 2015
9 of 17

No, you shouldn't turn on your tracker while doing nothing. How long have you been waiting for the clientt to get back? Some clients are very busy and have a lot of work themselves, so you should contact the client and politely ask about your tasks and what you should do for them, and i personally would only do this 1-2 times, 2 if there has been no communication at all. 

if you continue very long without any response and the contract goes into a paused status or anything, contact upworks support to tell them you aren't getting a response even though you've tried to contact the client, and they will try to contact the client for you. Besides that all you can really do is wait for the client to respond and give you work. 

Highlighted
10 of 17

Thank you so much! The contract started last APril 23, 2017 and since then I didn't get a reply from them to what kind of work I will be doing

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS