Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I accepted the offer and the contract started but my client is so unresponsive

Highlighted
Community Guru
Amanda F Member Since: Aug 8, 2015
11 of 17

That's only 2 days so if i were you if you haven't already, i would contact the client and ask them if they have tasks for you, or if you already have contacted them and you are really wondering, get back 1 more time and ask them if they got your last message in a polite way. if they don't get back then, just give them some time because some clients just have a tendency to disappear, and it's not really their faults because they are busy people, especially at the beginning of the week.They might have a meeting or some big project they are working on and just haven't had the chance yet to assign you something. 

But no, don't track time without knowing what your job should be. You need to clarify with the client before doing anything. in the future, you should know what you'll be working on before you accept any job. 

Make sure when they do get back that their payment method is verified so you are protected for the hours and only work within upworks tracker. 

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
12 of 17

Hi Colline, 

I edited your posts, and merged your threads to this post. Please be mindful of the Community Guidelines when posting in the community. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Colline Marie C Member Since: Apr 3, 2017
13 of 17

I'm sorry. I am a newbie here.. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
14 of 17

Of course you shouldn't. That would be fraud.

You also shouldn't name your client in the forums.

You also shouldn't start multiple threads about the same topic. It's a TOS violation.

Highlighted
Colline Marie C Member Since: Apr 3, 2017
15 of 17

Client is so unresponsive. I didn't get a reply from him since I accepted the hourly offer. My client is a verified member. Please help. The contract started last April 23, 2017. Should I turn on my time tracker?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
16 of 17

Colline - Should I turn on my time tracker?

You've asked that question on every reply including your original post. And we are all telling you NO, do NOT turn on time tracker. Only turn it on AFTER you've gotten instructions on what to do AND when you actually start working.

As for tracking your work, once you start working, I'm not sure how that's going to work out. Tracker takes screen shots of your computer screen every few minutes to show that you are really working. Telemarketing involves phone calls. so I don't know how Tracker is going to record you doing that. That may involve entering manual hours. If so, make sure that the client agrees on a set number of manual hours that you can enter. Manual hours are NOT guaranteed. by Upwork.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
17 of 17

I never accept an hourly contract until I have enough information and instructions about the job to do at least ten minutes of work on the job.

That way I can make sure I don't have a zero-pay contract.

That's how I avoid ever being in a situation where I have an hourly contract for which I don't get paid.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS