🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I accidently used two laptops time tracker wi...
Page options
nepal_2020
Community Member

I accidently used two laptops time tracker within difference of few minutes.

I use two laptops to work in upwork one is windows and another is linux. I have installed time tracker in both of my devices and switch the laptops frequently. I always open the tracker only on one machine at time but today I was working one windows and I stopped my tracker and few minutes I opened from my linux. I got warning message from tracker that I am using on two machines something like that. I am really afraid it can harm me anyway suggestion to tell me because I won't repeat this again.

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

Bishal:
You made an honest mistake.

Just don't do it again.

I don't think anything bad will happen to you.

I would put it out of your mind now.

Simply remember to turn off the tracker one machine before turning it on elsewhere.

I did turn off. It is not my first time doing that today I think I did very fast and switch which alerted a warning

Bishal N wrote:

I did turn off. It is not my first time doing that today I think I did very fast and switch which alerted a warning

There is no issue in any way at all.

Basically, any one 10 minute segment can only be paid for once.

You turned off the tracker in the first device after a screenshot had already been taken and when you tried to start it in the other device, it gave you the warning because of that. Perfectly normal behaviour and nothing to worry about in any way.

Preston H wrote:

Just don't do it again.

He can "do it again" 50 times a day and still there won't be an issue.

It's simply the tracker preventing segments being double-billed.

Preston H wrote:

Simply remember to turn off the tracker one machine before turning it on elsewhere.

It is irrelevant if he turns it off or not. The result would be the same. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members