🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I agree
Page options
anjumarslan
Community Member

I agree

I agree.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Arslan, you have created a bizarre thread.

It is not the purpose of the Upwork Community Forum to help with the type of situation you describe.

You either know how to help the client or you don't.

If you don't have the required expertise, then tell the client this. That way she can get help from people who can help her.

It is absolutely not your responsibility to help clients in areas you have no expertise in. Your predicament is no different than if a client wanted you to teach her how to speak Laotian, but you don't speak Laotian. Why would you go to the Community Forum and ask for advice about speaking Laotian? You would not do that. You would tell the client that you don't speak Laotian, and suggest to the client that she hire a Laotian-speaking language tutor.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

It appears that your client broke her hospital's terms of service.  This is a huge violation and very serious for her. She may actually be facing charges.  There is nothing you or anyone else can do to help her.  She needs a good lawyer.

Forget her and move on.  Really.

Thanks for your reply. Could you pls suggest to me if I could help her in any way or we may prove that she actually used her friend's laptop who was from another country, or on her computer, a VPN was installed to access the hospital's software? We may provide such a report as evidence that the hospital's software was accessed with a VPN. Kindly also advise about NDA, if it holds internationally or not?

She violated a US set of laws =HIPAA for short.  Don' get in the middle of it.

I wouldn't worry about the NDA.  Just get yourself out of it.

Arslan, you have created a bizarre thread.

It is not the purpose of the Upwork Community Forum to help with the type of situation you describe.

You either know how to help the client or you don't.

If you don't have the required expertise, then tell the client this. That way she can get help from people who can help her.

It is absolutely not your responsibility to help clients in areas you have no expertise in. Your predicament is no different than if a client wanted you to teach her how to speak Laotian, but you don't speak Laotian. Why would you go to the Community Forum and ask for advice about speaking Laotian? You would not do that. You would tell the client that you don't speak Laotian, and suggest to the client that she hire a Laotian-speaking language tutor.

HIPAA violations. AWESOME

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members