🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I am a VA, can I apply to jobs on Upwork on m...
Page options
nairaz94
Community Member

I am a VA, can I apply to jobs on Upwork on my clients behalf? Using my own profile.

My client wants me to apply to jobs on Upwork using my profile and mentioning in the cover letter that I am his assistant and applying on his behalf, is that allowed?

3 REPLIES 3
NikolaS

Hi Shaheera,

Thank you for reaching out to us. If you would like to apply for jobs on Upwork on behalf of your client the best option for you may be to have an agency account. This way you can be a business manager in your agency and submit proposals on behalf of the person you are working with. Please know that your client will need to have a freelancer profile on Upwork and be a member of that agency. You may want to check these articles for more information. 

Feel free to also check this page for additional information. Additionally, let us know if you weren't referring to looking for jobs on Upwork but instead hiring freelancers on Upwork on behalf of a client.

~ Nikola
Upwork
nairaz94
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

He is a freelancer and client on Upwork but he wants me to apply through my own profile with full disclosure that I am applying on his behalf. Am I allowed to do that? or would it be against Upwork's TOS.

I was definitely referring to looking for jobs on Upwork on his behalf and applying to them

Hi Shaheera,

Thank you for following up. I would like to clarify that, unless you're members of the same agency and you have Business manager permissions in that agency, there isn't a way to send proposals on behalf of another person.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths