🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I am afraid that the client will deceive me
Page options
agarbuz
Community Member

I am afraid that the client will deceive me

I sent this message to support, I probably confused something .. I don't understand well here (

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Anna:
I can assure you that nobody at Upwork is going to resolve problems between you and a client.

BUT: You have come to the right place to get advice.

Community Forum Participants are VERY knowledgeble and helpful. We love to talk about how to use Upwork properly.

If you have questions, just ask.

I see that you posted some screenshots of a conversation between you and a client. Please edit your post and delete those. Posting those is a violation of Community Forum Guidelines.

If you have a client who hired you to do work, and you did that work, and now the client doesn't want to pay you?

Well, that's sort of preposterous, don't you think?
Would YOU hire a person to work for you, and then after he did the work, tell him that you were NOT going to pay him? I don't think you would do that. I don't think you are that kind of person.

Without actually knowing details about your situation, I can say this:
It is NOT Upwork's intention that clients hire a freelancer to do work, and then not pay.

If you were hired to do a fixed-price contract task, and you did the task, then the client needs to pay.

You should click the "Submit Work and Request Payment" button.
If you have clicked that button, then just WAIT. If the client does nothing, then Upwork will release all escrow money to you AUTOMATICALLY.
If the client repeatedly blocks payment release by clicking the client-side "Request Changes" button, then you may need to file a dispute.

Please tell us more about your situation so we can help you further.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
prestonhunter
Community Member

Anna:
I can assure you that nobody at Upwork is going to resolve problems between you and a client.

BUT: You have come to the right place to get advice.

Community Forum Participants are VERY knowledgeble and helpful. We love to talk about how to use Upwork properly.

If you have questions, just ask.

I see that you posted some screenshots of a conversation between you and a client. Please edit your post and delete those. Posting those is a violation of Community Forum Guidelines.

If you have a client who hired you to do work, and you did that work, and now the client doesn't want to pay you?

Well, that's sort of preposterous, don't you think?
Would YOU hire a person to work for you, and then after he did the work, tell him that you were NOT going to pay him? I don't think you would do that. I don't think you are that kind of person.

Without actually knowing details about your situation, I can say this:
It is NOT Upwork's intention that clients hire a freelancer to do work, and then not pay.

If you were hired to do a fixed-price contract task, and you did the task, then the client needs to pay.

You should click the "Submit Work and Request Payment" button.
If you have clicked that button, then just WAIT. If the client does nothing, then Upwork will release all escrow money to you AUTOMATICALLY.
If the client repeatedly blocks payment release by clicking the client-side "Request Changes" button, then you may need to file a dispute.

Please tell us more about your situation so we can help you further.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members