🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I am afraid to report a client but...
Page options
kamitoki
Community Member

I am afraid to report a client but...

**Edited for Community Guidelines** hired me late last week. We started off okay. She would reply to my questions at least a day late bec of the time difference. But since last Saturday she hasnt replied or checked my work. I figured she should at least approve the milestone on Wednesday the deadline, right? Well, no she hasnt. 

I would like to report her, but the contract looks legit. Any advice? Thanks. 

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "She would reply to my questions at least a day late bec of the time difference"

You can not report a client for that.

re: "But since last Saturday she hasnt replied or checked my work."

re: "I figured she should at least approve the milestone on Wednesday the deadline, right?"

That is incorrect.

Clients are not obligated to respond to freelancers or check a freelancer's work. Moreover, the deadline that appears on the screen is meaningless. Upwork's algorithms do nothing with it. It does not programmatically affect your JSS.

re: "I would like to report her"

You can not report her.

re: "Any advice?"

Do what I do:

1) Do nothing. Be patient.

2) Get paid automatically.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Not a reportable offense. 

I figured she should at least approve the milestone on Wednesday the deadline, right? 

You figured wrong. Leave the client alone. 

kamitoki
Community Member

Okey dokey. 

tagrendy
Community Member

Submit it if the work is done, it will auto-approve after 14 days. I'm not sure what you would accomplish by reporting the client other than ensuring that she'll leave you a bad review.

kamitoki
Community Member

Okay. -_-

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members