Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

I am confused

bobafett999
Community Guru
Prashant P Member Since: Sep 29, 2015
1 of 10

What is the difference between Active Candidacy and Invitation for Interview?

 

Now the next question.  I applied, I exchanged few messages with prospect, even had about 40 min. phone call, and I submited my quote (through Upwork).

 

For that particular posting in the initial phases I could see that they were interviewing 3 people.  Should I consider my messages and phone stuff as interview? (My proposal tab still has zero interview). 

 

This morning the posting shows 2 interviews instead of 3, and right now it shows only 1.  Why do these numbers change? There is no message from Upwork or the buyer that tells me that I am rejected.

iamchunchunchun
Community Guru
Hiu Chun L Member Since: Jul 27, 2017
2 of 10

As I understand, when the client sends you a message after you have applied for a project, that's considered as both 'active candidacy' and 'interview'.

 

I have never been officially rejected after being 'interviewed'. Sometimes I just do not hear anymore from the potential clients.

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
3 of 10

Yes, you are being "interviewed" as soon as the client engages with you (and that shifts your status to "active candidacy"). Interviewing on Upwork doesn't necessarily mean what it does in the outside world--if you send a proposal and the client asks you a question or sends a message that says "still going through proposals--I'll get back to you" or whatever, you're counted in those "interviewing" numbers.

bobafett999
Community Guru
Prashant P Member Since: Sep 29, 2015
4 of 10

Tiffany thanks, now my other question,"This morning the posting showed 2 interviews instead of 3, and right now it shows only 1.  Why do these numbers change? "

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 10

@Prashant P wrote:

1) What is the difference between Active Candidacy and Invitation for Interview?

 

2) For that particular posting in the initial phases I could see that they were interviewing 3 people.  Should I consider my messages and phone stuff as interview? (My proposal tab still has zero interview). 

 

3) This morning the posting shows 2 interviews instead of 3, and right now it shows only 1.  Why do these numbers change? There is no message from Upwork or the buyer that tells me that I am rejected.


1)  An invitation to interview is what you receive when a client would like to disccuss their project with you

An active candidacy is the actual interview phase, between you accepting the invite and being either hired or declined.

 

2) Is it under your "active candidacies?"

 

3) That means they were interviewing 3 people, but either declined 2 or 2 withdrew and they are left interviewing one. If it is under your "active candidacies?" that would be you 😉

If it is not  , then take a look at "archived proposals".

 

 

 

 

bobafett999
Community Guru
Prashant P Member Since: Sep 29, 2015
6 of 10

@Petra R wrote:

@Prashant P wrote:

=Reply

e difference between Active Candidacy and Invitation for Interview?

 

2) For that particular posting in the initial phases I could see that they were interviewing 3 people.  Should I consider my messages and phone stuff as interview? (My proposal tab still has zero interview). 

 

3) This morning the posting shows 2 interviews instead of 3, and right now it shows only 1.  Why do these numbers change? There is no message from Upwork or the buyer that tells me that I am rejected.



3) That means they were interviewing 3 people, but either declined 2 or 2 withdrew and they are left interviewing one. If it is under your "active candidacies?" that would be you 😉

If it is not  , then take a look at "archived proposals".

 


 No Petra, you are wrong this time.  It is still under my active candidacies.  They were interviewing 3 then 2 then 1 and have hired 1 (two days ago).  And that is not me.

iamchunchunchun
Community Guru
Hiu Chun L Member Since: Jul 27, 2017
7 of 10
@Prashant P wrote:

@Petra R wrote:

@Prashant P wrote:

=Reply

e difference between Active Candidacy and Invitation for Interview?

 

2) For that particular posting in the initial phases I could see that they were interviewing 3 people.  Should I consider my messages and phone stuff as interview? (My proposal tab still has zero interview). 

 

3) This morning the posting shows 2 interviews instead of 3, and right now it shows only 1.  Why do these numbers change? There is no message from Upwork or the buyer that tells me that I am rejected.



3) That means they were interviewing 3 people, but either declined 2 or 2 withdrew and they are left interviewing one. If it is under your "active candidacies?" that would be you 😉

If it is not  , then take a look at "archived proposals".

 


 No Petra, you are wrong this time.  It is still under my active candidacies.  They were interviewing 3 then 2 then 1 and have hired 1 (two days ago).  And that is not me.


 What you said certainly did not refute what Petra said, though I don't think that matters.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
8 of 10

The client may have hired one person at which point that one person is no longer counted as being interviewed 🙂

 

bobafett999
Community Guru
Prashant P Member Since: Sep 29, 2015
9 of 10

@Petra R wrote:

The client may have hired one person at which point that one person is no longer counted as being interviewed 🙂

 


 No No No.  When I posted the question there were zero hires. It does not matter anyway.  I was just curious about those numbers in the job postings - something is wrong.

 

Well soon I will be visible again. Earned little bit of 'Milk Money' + a packet of chocolate (bonus) to go with it. 

 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
10 of 10

@Prashant P wrote:

@Petra R wrote:

The client may have hired one person at which point that one person is no longer counted as being interviewed 🙂

 


 No No No.  When I posted the question there were zero hires. It does not matter anyway.  I was just curious about those numbers in the job postings - something is wrong.

 


 The other option is that the client archived (not declined) your proposa, which removes it from the "interviewed" number but keeps the active candidacy alive. You also don't see hires until the freelancer accepted an offer.

 

Well done on the new contract!

 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS