🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I am deaf person/muted
Page options
rehzdesign
Community Member

I am deaf person/muted

Hello, nice meet to you all

Please help this!!!
I need to video call to verify my profile?

But I can't speak and hearing, What do I?

Please let me know you have help?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rehmat,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it doesn’t look like you are required to complete any verification process at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification process in the future.

When your account is qualified for verification and a video call is required, you'll first have a chat with an agent in writing, before any video call starts. During that chat, you'll be able to inform the agent about any hearing or speech impairments. The team will accommodate and further assist you with the verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

Rehmat:

It is good that you reached out to ask about this, and good if you let them know ahead of time about this.

In case it helps you to know this:

The video interview's only purpose is to give an agent working on behalf of Upwork a chance to see your face and make sure it matches the face they see in your profile photo.

They don't really care if you can hear or speak. They just want to verify that you really are who you present yourself as on your profile, to prevent freelancers from creating fake accounts.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths