🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I am freelancer. Now I need to hire another f...
Page options
onlinemasterpr
Community Member

I am freelancer. Now I need to hire another freelancer, but have no "POST A JOB" button

Hi,

I am a freelancer. 

Now, I need a logo creation services from some other  freelancer, but I don 't have "POST A JOB" button.

How can I post a logo creation job?

Thank you in advance!

10 REPLIES 10
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aleksandra,

In order to post a job, you need to have a client type of account. Kindly follow up on this help article to learn more about how you can be both a client and a freelancer on Upwork.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you very much Aleksandar  🙂

Hi Aleksandar,
I am a Freelancer here. If I create a Client Account now, will it affect my Freelancer's Account that means can I use the same name, same e-mail, same address for the Freelancer and Client account? Also, how can I pay? Please note that I don't have any Paypal or similar kind of account I don't use any kind of Master or Visa Card. Waiting to know that! Thanks in advance!

Rafsun S wrote:

Hi Aleksandar,
I am a Freelancer here. If I create a Client Account now, will it affect my Freelancer's Account that means can I use the same name, same e-mail, same address for the Freelancer and Client account?

Theoretically you can, because you are not adding another account as such, you are adding a client profile to your existing account.

BUT:

Rafsun S wrote:

Also, how can I pay? Please note that I don't have any Paypal or similar kind of account I don't use any kind of Master or Visa Card. Waiting to know that! Thanks in advance!

There is no point in you creating a client profile if you have no way to pay your freelancers. It would be a waste of your time. You would need a credit card (in some countries Debit cards that act like credit cards may work, too) or a card backed PayPal account (not available for clients in all countries).

Petra R wrote:

There is no point in you creating a client profile if you have no way to pay your freelancers. It would be a waste of your time. You would need a credit card (in some countries Debit cards that act like credit cards may work, too) or a card backed PayPal account (not available for clients in all countries).

Can he use his Upwork balance?

Sergio S wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Can he use his Upwork balance?

No.

re: "Can he use his Upwork balance?"

Upwork has consistently said no.

It is a legitimate question, and many people have asked about this as a possibility. But this is not on the drawing board. The reasons for not allowing this possibility do not stem from programming/technical limitations.

Preston H wrote:

It is a legitimate question, and many people have asked about this as a possibility. But this is not on the drawing board. The reasons for not allowing this possibility do not stem from programming/technical limitations.

It used to be possible many, many years ago, before the financial accounts were separated. It was changed for legal, regulatory and fraud prevention reasons.

It isn't coming back.

Hi, I have a similar situation. I have a freelancer account but was hired onto a team as a manager. Now I will need to hire others. Is that possible through the team or do I still need a new profile?

bizwriterjohn
Community Member

Hello.

First, I want to congratulate you on this incredibly positive step forward. Upworkers who expand beyond their private practice and find ways to hire other Upworkers as part of a shared or sub-contract bring true value to many and the system.

I have a hiring account, have hired more than ten or so Upworkers, and carry a perfect 5-0 rating.  I was heartened tonight to receive a 5-0 from my 2020 mentoree, who I was able to engage for work in a personal project.

There are many benefits to this, one of which is personal happiness.  My rating was the tipping point to my 2020 mentoree (I prefer this spelling to mentee, it looks prettier to me) -- gaining his Emerging Talent badge (or whatever the appropriate term is).  To recieve a note regarding this, and to view this Upworker's incredible delivery success was full-circle in my objectives.  But... I digress.

**edited for Community Guidelines**

There are many decisions to make and there is a cost to pay.   If work comes through you - your Upwork project and then into an Upwork project you have established a hiring client -- you will pay the 20% Upwork fee (up to $500, 10% following), and, then pay it again as you pay your direct hire.  Hence this tactic of hiring through Upwork as a contractor-->direct hiring client-->Upworker team member: this does come with the overhead of 40% in fees when it is said and done (this does not apply to agencies).

The bottom line is: use of the Upwork hiring account brings you in contact with the service providers you need.  Whether or not you hire them personally or introduce them to your client as a potential direct hire is a business choice to be made.  There is gray area here I believe may bring ire and return comments of negative nature.

**edited for Community Guidelines** It will require an active credit or debit card and it brings with it - the responsibility to manage others and hold their JSS ratings in your hands.

I recommend the experience.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths