🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I am having a hard time finding an attached f...
Page options
mari-92
Community Member

I am having a hard time finding an attached file.

Hello,

One new client has reached out to me and attached a file for me to translate it but I am unable to locate it.

I have tried to go back to the original post, but it says the post is no longer available after I accepted his offer and can only see the contract. I have also tried to go back in the messages we exchanged but I had no luck.

Any other suggestions as of what can I try to locate it?

Thank you so much in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
00fd7a51
Community Member

Hey Maribel. Was the file attached to the job post? You can easily find it by:
Go to all contracts in "My Jobs" then select the contract you are working on, go to details, and click on "View Orignal Offer". You'll see all the files that were attached to the job post. I attached some screenshots which might help you.

I hope this helps you and that you sort it out soon, have a great day!

very useful response

mari-92
Community Member

Thank you so much for your response. However the original job post was no longer available, but I was able to reach out to the client directly and requested him to send me the document. 🙂

00fd7a51
Community Member

Ohh, I thought it just said "This job is no longer available" on the job post. I'm glad you sorted it out 🙂

Please make sure you are hired on Upwork before doing any work. I can't see how the client is going to pay you if the job post is no longer available.

You should see your contract listed here. My Jobs (upwork.com)

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Maribel, 

It sounds like you reached out to the client outside of Upwork. As a gentle reminder, users cannot communicate off Upwork until a contract has been set up on your account (the client sent an offer, and you accepted it).

It also looks like the job post is no longer available because it was taken down. When this happens, the client and their job post are actioned because the team found out that it or the client violated the Upwork Terms of Service. 

It would be best to visit these articles for more information on how you can keep in line with Upwork's Terms of Service when engaging on the website:

You may also want to read up on the "Safety First!" section of the freelancer resources we have compiled, these tips for avoiding questionable jobs, this Community article, and these articles for more information about working safely through Upwork. 

~ Avery
Upwork
lysis10
Community Member

uh oh

lysis10
Community Member

Glad a mod posted, cuz OP about to get scammed. Hope she reads this first.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members