🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I am hired, but Client don't write me any...
Page options
b_baratashvili
Community Member

I am hired, but Client don't write me any more.

I am hired, have finished a 80% job (for 100% i need additional assets, which she must provide me), but client don't write me any more. I don't want to submit work for payment, becase she can write me a bad review. if i leave open this job, probably it will be bad for my rating.

what can i do?

Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I completely agree with Christine's advice.

I might add one tip, which is if you're certain that you haven't finished the agreed-upon task and you can't do so without additional assets, then you could NOTE this in the text area along with your submission (with the green "Submit Work / Request Payment" button). This could help minimize your worries about getting bad feedback. You could write:

"Heidi:

Thank you again for letting me work on this project. It has been great to work with you. I have finished everything I can do. I am using the submit button now to make sure that - no matter what happens - you have all of these files. There are places on Pages 5 and 7 where we would like to include some additional photos. I have placeholders there now, but for the project to be completely finished, we would need some additional assets, as we discussed earlier. If you send those, I will add them at no extra cost."

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Beka B wrote:

I am hired, have finished a 80% job (for 100% i need additional assets, which she must provide me), but client don't write me any more. I don't want to submit work for payment, becase she can write me a bad review. if i leave open this job, probably it will be bad for my rating.

what can i do?

Thank you

Go ahead and submit the work for payment. As you said, leaving the job open with no money paid will affect your JSS anyway, so you may as well get paid for your work. If the client disputes the payment, you can go from there.

I completely agree with Christine's advice.

I might add one tip, which is if you're certain that you haven't finished the agreed-upon task and you can't do so without additional assets, then you could NOTE this in the text area along with your submission (with the green "Submit Work / Request Payment" button). This could help minimize your worries about getting bad feedback. You could write:

"Heidi:

Thank you again for letting me work on this project. It has been great to work with you. I have finished everything I can do. I am using the submit button now to make sure that - no matter what happens - you have all of these files. There are places on Pages 5 and 7 where we would like to include some additional photos. I have placeholders there now, but for the project to be completely finished, we would need some additional assets, as we discussed earlier. If you send those, I will add them at no extra cost."

In addition to what was said, it really depends on how long this contract has been open.

If it is just a few days or a couple of weeks, do nothing. Not until it's been open for 6+ weeks.

If it is many weeks, why not submit what you have done so far, and request 80% of the money if 80% of the work was done? You can edit the amount while submitting.

Thank you all. it was 2 weeks ago. You definetly help me .

This way, probably  she can write me a bad review?

or I know, that if she don't write anything, it is also bad. is it right?

Thank you all

re: "This way, probably she can write me a bad review?"

If she is really completely gone, then she won't write any kind of review at all. She won't provide any feedback because she's gone.

Is that bad? It's not ideal. If you have too many contracts closed with zero feedback, then that can indeed decrease JSS. But if you have relatively few compared to your overall number of contracts, it won't have any impact.

But why do you say she will probably give you a bad review?

You have done great work, right?

You have done everything she asked you to do, right?

You simply haven't included the final assets, because she said she would provide those to you, and she has not done so.

If she returns to leave feedback, she has no reason to leave a bad review.

If it was ME PERSONALLY, then I would have submitted the work 2 weeks ago. I WOULD HAVE ALREADY BEEN PAID. Then - if I felt that she simply wasn't going to return to use Upwork again, I would closed the contract.

Thank you Preston

you are welcome!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members