🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I am in Rising talent and send nearly 200...
Page options
mws2019
Community Member

I am in Rising talent and send nearly 200 bids ..Not getting a Job

Hi guys 

I have joined upwork 4 months ago with the skills and tests passed. I also get a rising talent badge. I am a web developer including speciality in WordPress skills.

I have sent more than  200  bids with unique proposals but i got only 5$ job in upwork ..

I am soo much frustrated when people tell that he/she joined and earn instantly 1000$ dollars soi think that how they earn and they are on the same niche 

I have tried different bidding strategies but all things are giving me 0 result

Expert opinion required how can I earn from using upwork or leave Upwork because i think that old profiles work new profiles do not some people say to me that 

5 REPLIES 5
versailles
Community Member

Anwar A wrote:

Hi guys 

I have joined upwork 4 months ago with the skills and tests passed. I also get a rising talent badge. I am a web developer including speciality in WordPress skills.

There are thousands ad thousands of people here who do the exact same thing and who compete for work at the cheapest rates possible. 

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
browersr
Community Member

Anwar A wrote:

I am soo much frustrated when people tell that he/she joined and earn instantly 1000$ dollars soi think that how they earn and they are on the same niche 

Do you know these people or where did you hear this? These would actually be the people you should be directly asking or at the very least whose profiles you should be studying. There is a lot of hyperbole on this site one way or the other, but it seems the people you indicate are doing so well would be better source material than the gen pop here. 

Outside of that, and was already stated by Rene, you are in swimming in the shallow end of the pool in a field with an epic number of other freelancers wondering the same. You'll need to present yourself in a way that rises above, otherwise it's a numbers game that is not winnable. 

I don't think anyone can make $1K overnight here, just right after they sign up. Here when you start you are a newbie even though you may be an established pro outside, and like it or not the freelancers who already have a name here will take the jobs mostly, because naturally clients are more attracted by them. As Scott said you should ask those people who told you about earning thousands instantly. Or maybe you just read stories in the Internet? You probably already know the Internet is full of lies.

You can consider yourself very lucky since you joined 4 months ago and got 3 jobs already. I know people who have spent a year here and didn't get anything. Besides, getting good jobs is even hard for top-rated freelancers. So you didn't do it that bad.

Anyway, if you stay close to low ballers it'll go against you. Adjust your aim.

Anwar, it looks like you did an entire e-commerce site for $5. When a client looks at your profile, they might wonder why they should pay you more than $5.

If it were me, I would completely re-word my proposals and try different styles/approaches to see what works best. I googled something like  "how to write good upwork proposals" when I just started and found tons of helpful info. 

I would also try re-working your profile. For example, saying "I am flexible and friendly to work with and ensure timely deliveries with optimum quality." doesn't provide me with confidence even thought I believe you, I assume this is true for all skilled freelancers here. It does not give me much information. 

You can instead say something like "I have created over x number of websites, from personal portfolio sites to eCommerce stores" or "I have worked with large companies to optimize their websites as well as with starups looking to create effective websites that meet their needs on a budget " Obviously with information that is true to you but along those lines. Try to provide specifics and details. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths