🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I am no longer freelancer top rate why?
Page options
soldexxter
Community Member

I am no longer freelancer top rate why?

Hi, I have a doubt, I had more than one being a freelancer top rate, but a few days ago I received an email that said it was no longer freelancer top rate and I don't know why, I still maintain 100% Job Success score and generating money and I don't know the reason why they took my top rate

5 REPLIES 5
florydev
Community Member

I am going to guess that it is #5 in this list...12-month earnings of at least $1,000.00.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068468-Become-Top-Rated?flash_digest=06ed6fe3e5ba772...

1. A current Job Success Score of 90% or higher
  2. First hire on Upwork was more than 90 days ago
  3. Maintained Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score of at least 90% for at least 13 of the last 16 weeks
  4. A 100% complete profile  (90% for those who brought their profiles over from Elance)
  5. 12-month earnings of at least $1,000
  6. Up-to-date availability (if unavailable now, set a date estimate)
  7. An account in good standing with no recent account holds
  8. Activity on the platform (proposal, accepted invitation, or earnings) in the past 90 days

Mark F wrote:

I am going to guess that it is #5 in this list...12-month earnings of at least $1,000.00.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068468-Become-Top-Rated?flash_digest=06ed6fe3e5ba772...

1. A current Job Success Score of 90% or higher
  2. First hire on Upwork was more than 90 days ago
  3. Maintained Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score of at least 90% for at least 13 of the last 16 weeks
  4. A 100% complete profile  (90% for those who brought their profiles over from Elance)
  5. 12-month earnings of at least $1,000
  6. Up-to-date availability (if unavailable now, set a date estimate)
  7. An account in good standing with no recent account holds
  8. Activity on the platform (proposal, accepted invitation, or earnings) in the past 90 days

I wrote it then did the math and now I am pretty sure that is wrong.  So that leaves, I think #7 or #3 (which per your description seems unlikely).

lysis10
Community Member

Mark F wrote:

I wrote it then did the math and now I am pretty sure that is wrong.  So that leaves, I think #7 or #3 (which per your description seems unlikely).

It's likely a hold on his account and he's just casually forgetting to mention that part. 😉  

florydev
Community Member

Jennifer M wrote:

Mark F wrote:

It's likely a hold on his account and he's just casually forgetting to mention that part. 😉  

And why would ya

jodypm
Community Member

Hi Wuilmer,

While they may not tell you exactly what's going on as oftentimes the calculations are confidential, Upwork support will most likely help and point you in the right direction privately. This goes without saying, but I wanted to mention it because anything that may have impacted your status, as it is not readily discernible from taking a quick look at your profile, might not be disclosed. But, as mentioned, they will most likely point you in the right direction so that you can get that "aha!" moment.

But also be prepared to accept that you may never know. I'm a web developer and have been coding for a longer than even Dakota Fanning has been on earth, but I still don't know how Google's algorithms work. Out of the more than one-hundred-fifty (150) algorithms that I have listed, I am only pretty sure about three of them -- and that's only because of Matt Cutts (but don't tell anybody, because he's in DC now).

How does the above apply to this situation? It's similar in that Upwork keeps many calculations confidential. And I also got the chance to reference Matt Cutts again (just like old times) and Dakota Fanning in the same paragraph. I'm willing to bet that's a first.

It can be frustrating, but what I've discerned from your profile is that you're doing fantastic, are just now getting back in the swing of things, and will roll over this bump like a Tonka truck.

Best of luck with this issue,

Jody PM

P.S. Scratch what I said about my trivial victory in mentioning Matt Cutts and Dakota Fanning in the same paragraph as being a first. It looks like the King of the Internet beat me to it ten years ago.

ETA: Apparently forgot how to spell algorithms

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths