🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I am not Getting Any Invite Requests
Page options
tirth-dave
Community Member

I am not Getting Any Invite Requests

I am not Getting Any Invite Requests even if my Profile is Good. Please answer me.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lysis10
Community Member

lol that certificate

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
browersr
Community Member

Well, you are in a massively competitive market with extremely low barriers to entry. So between choosing to freelance in a vastly overloaded space, you are also likely showing an hourly rate well beyond what others delivering the same service are offering. I am not telling you to lower your rate. I am telling you that you are not in a profitable space and have no way to differentiate yourself from the overwhelming number of people in the same space even if you did cut your rate to the bone. 

Also, your portfolio is a certificate which has no designation and could very easily just be made up. It has no relevance as shown.

Also, your portfolio is a certificate which has no designation and could very easily just be made up. It has no relevance as shown.

Scott, you seem to be distrustful. I don't know why. After all, one should proudly display a certificate one has earned for a writing coarse.... yep, coarse. Well, whatever. Probably was about writing vulgar content. 

I worked for a company that outsourced a lot of drafting work to Indonesia and they charged Penny's on the dollar. If competing with people all over the world that are much cheaper then how am I as a California resident suppose to compete with that? Doesnt seem like a level playing field. It's rather discouraging.

Robert G wrote:
I worked for a company that outsourced a lot of drafting work to Indonesia and they charged Penny's on the dollar. If competing with people all over the world that are much cheaper then how am I as a California resident suppose to compete with that? Doesnt seem like a level playing field. It's rather discouraging.

I am in a space that has people all over the globe including a ton with, what I would consider, exceedingly low rates. I do not have a problem competing. The answer comes in many forms. First, obviously you need to stand out with your experience and skills. There has to be an incentive for someone to want to hire you at your rates. Second, understand that there are many clients who have a strong preference for people at or near their time zone who are able to communicate well with them. This is true everywhere. There are plenty of people in Eastern Europe who want to work with Eastern Europeans. Same for Asia. Same for Western Europe. This isn't just a US thing. Fortunately you live in a large prosperous country and as a result there are a lot of clients looking for US based expertise. So in the end be excellent at what you do. Be tremendous communicator. Be honest and transparent with clients and prospective clients. There are plenty of fish in the sea, but you have to stand out in the crowd otherwise your competitors - both domestic and foreign - are going to eat your lunch.

petra_r
Community Member

Tirth D wrote:

I am not Getting Any Invite Requests even if my Profile is Good. Please answer me.

There is too much wrong with your profile. It is a long way from "good."

Data Entry is the most overcrowded area on Upwork, with literally hundreds of thousands of hopefuls, most of whom will never win a single contract.

Your portfolio item is a fake certificate in an unrelated category.

coarse.jpg

You claim native level English skills which is not true.

You also appear to be still at school and not yet 18.

lysis10
Community Member

lol that certificate

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths