Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am not a robot!

feed_my_eyes
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
1 of 7

I usually keep Upwork open on my browser so that I can check for messages and new jobs several times a day. But for the past couple of days, I have been asked to prove that I'm "not a robot" EVERY SINGLE TIME that I want to use the site, even though I haven't logged out or even closed the window on my browser. I have selected the "keep me logged in" option and I'm not checking the site on different devices nor logging in from different locations, so I don't understand what the problem is. It's incredibly annoying to have to go through one of those "check which boxes the sign is in" every time I want to use the site! Is anyone else having this problem and is there something that I should be doing to avoid it?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 7

Do you have a cookie blocker enabled or use an anonymous browser window?

feed_my_eyes
Community Guru
3 of 7

No anonymous browsing, but I do use a program that blocks some auto uploads and pop-ups - I'm not sure how this could be the cause, though, since I've been using Upwork for years and the problem only began occurring a few days ago. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

dataextract
Community Guru
Ramesh K Member Since: Oct 25, 2015
4 of 7

Can you stop that particular program and check if the same situation is happening or not?

Upwork refreshes its page very regularly and may be that program stops that action which results this problem.

pavelkuet
Ace Contributor
Md.Shahid-Uz-Jaman S Member Since: Aug 25, 2017
5 of 7

I am having the same problem.

cylver1z
Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
6 of 7

Hello Christine,

We have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly.

Untitled
feed_my_eyes
Community Guru
7 of 7

Thanks, I've heard from Upwork now and will try their suggestions.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS