🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I am not able to end the contract and get pai...
Page options
rococodesigns
Community Member

I am not able to end the contract and get paid

Dear Community,

A strange thing happened with me today for some reason. I was working on a project which I successfuly delivered but when I asked the client to close the contract he sent me an offer instead. After that I was not able to see the current job as an on going contract but it was showing as a new offer received and there is no option to close the job for payment or view it as  a contract. I wonder what went wrong. I am confused please help me. I have done a lot of work on this job on a very low budget. I cant afford not to be paid for this. Please help me!  Kindly find attched snapshot.

Thanks and Regards,

Rajeev Dutta
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
p_ramuka
Community Member

Are you sure the offer was made before starting the work? Because in the same contract when started, the client or freelancer cannot make any changes to the contract thing except ending it. So, either he did not send you the offer before, And if it has, you can go to your reports section, check details on the contract section.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
p_ramuka
Community Member

Are you sure the offer was made before starting the work? Because in the same contract when started, the client or freelancer cannot make any changes to the contract thing except ending it. So, either he did not send you the offer before, And if it has, you can go to your reports section, check details on the contract section.

Hope this helps.

client asked me to create a contract which I did and I guess he accepted it and then I started working. I guess something went wrong and I did not pay attention and kept working. I am not sure what went wrong. 

Always, always tell client to create the contract and send you the offer. That's what he did at the end. he created the contract himself. Since you created the contract, there must be some options in the view contract segment. 

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rajeev,

I`m sorry about the delay in responding. I would like to confirm that our team has reached out to your client directly to assist them further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

He was ready to make payment till yesterday but now he is not responding to my messages. I guess its over now. 

Hi Rajeev,

I`m sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I would like to confirm that our team is working on resolving this and is communicating with your client directly to assist them further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members