🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I am not being able to land any jobs whatsoev...
Page options
mechsolengineer
Community Member

I am not being able to land any jobs whatsoever, even with a good profile I have.

Hello everyone,

I hope you guys are doing great.

Well, I know I am not the first one to be asking this question, but here is the thing, I am doing everything right and by the book, I stayed active, submitted proposals to the jobs that I was 100% sure that I can do, purchased connects like 3 to 4 times (and they went to waste) and still no one even replies to my proposal. I wonder what am I doing wrong here? 

I have the skills and experience to carry out jobs related to mechanical design and 3D modeling and only submit proposals for a job I feel confident that I can do, even have reviews on my profile from my past client outside of upwork. 

Now I am really thinking not to buy anymore connects, as this has been going on as a total waste of my money with no luck at all. 

So, far I got only two jobs done here, out of which one client is recurring and I have developed good relations with him now, otherwise I am really disappointed on this platform 😞

In case you guys are wondering, that is how my proposal generally goes for a job, it is ofcourse different for every job, its just an example;

Job D. : "Solidworks designer to work with our designer converting hand drawn sketches into 3D models"

"Hello, I am Sohaib, a Mechanical Engineer with over six years of professional and freelancing experience in the field of 3D modeling and product design. I am quite proficient in Solidworks or any other parametric modeling software for that matter. I can convert any hand-drawn sketches to an efficient and easy to edit 3D model with intuitive approach and design intent. The model tree will be very clear and self-explanatory and can be edited by any designer later on for modifications. I can work for $10 to $12 per hour for more than 6 hours per day. I need you to send me all the sketches with dimensions in your reply so that I can give you an exact delivery date to finish the job. Hope to hear from you soon.

Attached hereby is my portfolio for your consideration. "

2 REPLIES 2
florydev
Community Member

I think your approach is wrong. In particular that it is the same approach that 90+% of everyone else who proposes will take.
They think they are a unique gem and expect the client to see that by simply explaining who they are and what they know. What they have not considered is that they are selling something. A few might but then most of them believe the thing they are selling is themselves.
They blah our their skills like they are features on a new phone so that they can be compared to every other phone and they don’t realize most of them have the same features.
If you want to stand out you have to be different, if you want to be engaged you have to be engaging.
You need to answer each proposal with what does the client really want and find a way to succinctly let them know you can do it and they can trust you to get it done.
Do you know how many lines you have in your proposal to catch a clients interest? Go find that out and then think about how you have used them.

Thanks for taking time out and replying to my question, Mark 🙂

Ok,  I understand what you meant, and I see where the shortcomings are in my proposal, but that was just one example, I always reflect and try to answer the client's questions in their job description and always articulate my proposal such that it relates to their job description. 

The proposal style I am following is the one I have read up on upwork proposal guides, so thats my base to start with. 

Ok, I wonder if the proposal if somewhat offputting, is my profile too? Sometimes it makes me question if it is something, which has to do from the country I am from, that clients dont trust enough to get the job done by seeing my profile.

What do you suggest, to make my proposal more intriguing? 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths